Mapping loop size on the 7 segment display on Z2 for traktor pro 2.6

Default Mapping loop size on the 7 segment display on Z2 for traktor pro 2.6

Hi guys I'm currently trying to map the loop size on my Z2 7 segment display. But I can't make it work.

- Is it the 'Loop Size Select + Set' or the 'Loop Size Selector' that I need to map?
    - What values do I need to put in the Led options?

Thank you

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

If it's anything like the S4, the displays can't be remapped. I don't own a Z2 so can't confirm it tho.

Tech Wizard

I messed around with mapping my f1 in a similar manner a while back.
    If i recall correctly I first started mapping in midi mode (never used a z2, but I would assume that its in midi mode for you to be mapping it) and then mapped the encoder to loop size/set or something like that. Then find what CC the leds are in the controller editor. You can then open up the controller manager and change the midi range to get the proper numbers displayed. You then must make a output mapping for each value you want displayed, changing the controller range. For example controller range 0-0 will give you the output for the smallest and 12-12 I believe will give you the largest .

hope this is of some use to you.

Default Figured Out How To Program F1 User Map 7 Segment Display To Reflect Loop Size Status

[This may also apply to the Z2 7 Segment Display.] I've developed a fairly robust F1 user map accessible/toggled by holding down the Shift + Browse button, which includes 2-channel (A + B), 8-button per channel (16 total) RGB hotcue pads; 1-4 Mute buttons programmed for 4 channel (CABD) play/pause and deck focus (Shift + Mute button); 1-4 Filter knobs and 1-4 Tempo adjust (Shift + Filter knob) with center detent at null/0 adjust; The 1-3 Volume faders operate decks CAB volume, while the #4 Volume fader operates as a crossfader and Volume fader (Shift + #4 Volume fader). The default Remix setup utilizes Deck C as the only Remix deck, which can be changed in Remix mode. Many other features too numerous to detail here. I did not need to use the Controller Editor for any of this mapping, only the Contr0ller Manager built-in to Traktor Pro (2.7+)

My "crowning" achievement (only because of my ignorance/frustration level) was figuring out how to program the Encoder knob (user map mode) to properly select the inactive/active loop size AND have the selected size displayed properly by the 7 Segment display. The key elements to achieving this were 1st mapping the Loop Size Selector "Add In" function to the F1 Encoder knob with the following settings: Type: Encoder, Mode: Relative, Assignment: Device Target, Sensitivity: 100%, Acceleration: 0%. Now for the money shot: Mapping the 7 Segment display was very frustrating for me until I had a revelation about the necessity of effectively cycling each led state off/on as part of the programming. A few essential things that you should understand about this function: (1) You can access the 7 Segment Both Cols led output display controls/map by using the "Add Out" function/button in the Controller Manager: select Deck Common > Loop > Loop Size Selector; (2) The full Traktor Controller Range for this function is 0-10, representing 1/32 through 32 beats/loop sizes (i.e., the 11 available distinct loop sizes/settings) and (3) The relevant Midi Range display in this function is as follows: 127 = .27, 116 = .16, 108 = .08, 104 = .04, 102 = .02, 1 = 1, 2 = 2, 4 = 4, 8 = 8, 16 = 16 and 32 = 32. Note: the Midi Range #s 127 to 100 display with a dot (".") in front of them (127 is the max # that I could get to display), while #s 0-99 display as regular numbers.

Now for the secret sauce -- you need to create 10 (yes, 10) individually mapped 7 Segment (Add Out) "overlapping on/off pairs" to get this to work right. The 10 "pair" sequence settings are mapped as follow (Assignment is set to "Device Target" for all): #1: Controller Range Min: 0 - Max: 1 / Midi Range Min: 127 - Max: 116; #2: Controller Range Min: 1 - Max: 2 / Midi Range Min: 116 - Max: 108; #3: Controller Range Min: 2 - Max: 3 / Midi Range Min: 108 - Max: 104; #4 ... (note how the Max values become the Min values in the next pair) ... #10 (last pair): Controller Range Min: 9 - Max: 10 / Midi Range Min: 16 - Max: 32. This worked perfectly for me with the one (minor) limitation already alluded to, i.e., that due to the Midi Range topping out at 127, the 1/32 size position is displayed as .27. If someone can figure out a work around for that, I'd love to know. I hope this helps. If there's an error here, please let me know. Thanks.