How to map DDM 4000 in Traktor 1.2.1
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default How to map DDM 4000 in Traktor 1.2.1

Im rly noob with this, this ll be my first mapping.
    I have a DDM 4000 conected with a midi/usb to my PC, but i dont know to configure it in traktor. When i touch the DDM, the MIDI light in traktor dont blink...

PS: i use a maya44 usb and windows 7

Tech Wizard

Hey bro,

You have to click o prfrences in traktor and go to midi mapping. From there you have options 1) map your own or use the generic mapping. To makr your own which allow you to assign every knob/ button/ slider to control a function with the learn button. Some are easier than others especially if your new to this. I can send you my tsi file for you to import if you like but mine is setup for 4 channels. No effects mapped to this. My old setup had the 2 middle channels of the mixer controlling effects & only using 2 channels. Let me know what you looking to do Ill help you if I can. I learned everything from trial & error and asking on boards like this. oh ya you also have to go to the ddm and hold down the center knob under the screen then scroll to mdi settings & click which sections of the mixer you are oing to use as midi. Hope this helps

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by joshrobbs View Post
    Hey bro,

You have to click o prfrences in traktor and go to midi mapping. From there you have options 1) map your own or use the generic mapping. To makr your own which allow you to assign every knob/ button/ slider to control a function with the learn button. Some are easier than others especially if your new to this. I can send you my tsi file for you to import if you like but mine is setup for 4 channels. No effects mapped to this. My old setup had the 2 middle channels of the mixer controlling effects & only using 2 channels. Let me know what you looking to do Ill help you if I can. I learned everything from trial & error and asking on boards like this. oh ya you also have to go to the ddm and hold down the center knob under the screen then scroll to mdi settings & click which sections of the mixer you are oing to use as midi. Hope this helps
    I dont have preferences -> midi mapping:

And the ddm dosnt appear in the "device" menu:

WTF!??! thx for help

Tech Wizard

OK see the drop down that on your first pic says generic keyboard? Right below that says add. Add a generic midi. After that start in the ADD IN button from there you will find all your controls. For example. Transport/ Play Pause/. Then you hit learn button and press the button you want to be play. Then in the assignment dropdown pick which deck you want the play to be for. (Also these are usually first set as a hold button, meaning you have to hold it to play) Just change to toggle. I just learned to add the led to this as well. For that you hit the button that says add out. then you mimic all your above assignments then you look at your manual for the ddm and it tells you the cc to assign for every light on the mixer. ( When you are in midi mode on the ddm it shuts your leds off)

Tech Student

I´ve got the same mixer.

1º - You need to activate it as mide holding down (as a button) for a few secs the midi knob (it´s on the middle of the mixer).
    2º - A menu will appear on the mixer screen. Roll the same knob till you find MIDI SETTINGS, and press the knob to select it.
    3º - A second menu will appear.
    * with the central knob you choose the sections you want to activate as midi.
    * with the right fx knob you´ll choose the channels to activate and or mute.
    * with the left fx knob you´ll choose the midi channnel (1 to 16)... i´m learning on how to use this.

By the time you activate any of the sections you will be able to push any of the buttons, on the selected section, and see your midi icon on Traktor go blue.

try to mark mic on central knob of midi settings on ddm4000, for exemple, and then roll LOW KNOB on MIC SECTION. If the midi icon turns blue on your Traktor then you can try to make it "learn" a function by mapping it.

hope it helps. cheers and excuse my english if something its not clear...
    Last edited by sinde; 11-11-2009 at 06:06 AM.

Tech Wizard

Nothing works
    I tried to load a mapping for the DDM4000 in the traktor, and also, it didnt work, traktor ISNT receiving any midi...

Does the midi interface even show up anywhere ?

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by OO-OO View Post
    Nothing works
    I tried to load a mapping for the DDM4000 in the traktor, and also, it didnt work, traktor ISNT receiving any midi...
    I had the same problem with my DDM 4000

Since im bored

I'm going to make a walk-through on setting up your DDM 4000.

Ok well start with the things we need

Behringer ddm4000

Midi to USB I use M-Audio Midisport Uno
    http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/Uno.html

PC/Mac

Traktor Scratch Pro 1.2.1 (not sure if thats the lastest update)

Ok after we have everything we need we now need to set up Traktor.

First go to Preferences>Controller Management>Select Generic Midi form Device Menu Box

Then click on import at the bottom of the Preferences it will open up another window with three folders Default Setting, Keyboard Settings, and Midi Mapping

Click on Midi Mapping>Behringer>Behringer DDM4000.tsi and click open

It will now open with another window Select Categories to import
    click ok.

Now we set up the Behringer DDM4000

Press and Hold the Console setup knob it will go into a setup box

Scroll Down to MIDI settings

It will now change to a MIDI Set Box
    select and click on what parts of the DDM 4000 you want to use as a MIDI

DON'T FORGET TO SELECT YOU CHANNELS!
    You can use FX 2 to scroll and select your Channels

Your DDM 4000 should now be midi enabled
    test it out and your MIDI box at the top should light up when using your mixer

I would of posted more pics but the forum only let me put up 6.

I hope this helps
    I wasn't sure where to start with this walk-through so I started with the basics and tried to be thorough as possible.

Tech Wizard

Now is working!! Thx a lot to all who help me

When i select a part of the mixer to work like MIDI, (eg Mic secction) it works perfect whit the midi mapping, but the light dont blink, never. Its normal?

Yep, they don't get any audio. The track volume is in no way sent across to the mixer through midi because these leds are pretty much in a world of their own. If you have audio sources plugged into each channel, they'll blink.
    What you CAN map, though, is the leds on all those kill buttons.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast