How to map DDM 4000 in Traktor 1.2.1 - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Nice congrats man!. Def a better description by xerorane with the pics. In regard to the leds this is what I was telling you about earlier. You have to map these as well. They are mapped as an outout. There is a chart in your manual that tells you the cc for each light that can be mapped. For example I use the buttons on crossfader section for play-sync-cup-loop on. So all you do is select output ranther than input and map everything the same. Than you just pick the cc from yourchart and your good. I know this might be a little confusing as your learning this shit but I was in your shoes as well & sites like this where people help you out is how I learned so I hope I am helpfull to you. If not hopefully xerorane will post another pic book to help you. Like I said before I can send you my tsi if you like.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by joshrobbs View Post
    Nice congrats man!. Def a better description by xerorane with the pics. In regard to the leds this is what I was telling you about earlier. You have to map these as well. They are mapped as an outout. There is a chart in your manual that tells you the cc for each light that can be mapped. For example I use the buttons on crossfader section for play-sync-cup-loop on. So all you do is select output ranther than input and map everything the same. Than you just pick the cc from yourchart and your good. I know this might be a little confusing as your learning this shit but I was in your shoes as well & sites like this where people help you out is how I learned so I hope I am helpfull to you. If not hopefully xerorane will post another pic book to help you. Like I said before I can send you my tsi if you like.
    Yes plese send me ur TSI! I ll send u a PM

Tech Wizard

SEnt

Tech Convert

hello !

just wanted to ask something,does the DDM 4000 send MIDI commands from every single fader,key and knob?

thanks!

Tech Wizard

Not every one. The FX section doesnt go midi or the gray knobs or the cue buttons. I dont know why they didnt makethe whole thing midi. I would say its about 90% WEIRD.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by Breakz View Post
    hello !

just wanted to ask something,does the DDM 4000 send MIDI commands from every single fader,key and knob?

thanks!
    Here is what is mapable..i don't know if thats even word.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by joshrobbs View Post
    Not every one. The FX section doesnt go midi or the gray knobs or the cue buttons. I dont know why they didnt makethe whole thing midi. I would say its about 90% WEIRD.
    Cue buttons can be midi mapped. You need to mute the channels for that.
    @Twumpy

I just come over to Traktor from Virtual DJ. I was using the trial version and trying to link the DDM4000 to it to convince me to buy it but the people over at Virtual DJ forum were quite snobbish towards non-license owners. Instead, they have lost a customer and I have now bought Traktor as most people seem to prefer Traktor on forums.

I am happy mapping buttons and controls that are sent from the DDM4000 to Traktor. Should be easy enough (after all my headbanging against a wall trying to figure out VDJ). However, I want the LEDs always on, and then to blink (ideally) or turn off when in use. For example, I want all kills lit up, but when i kill the bass for the EQ bass kill switch to blink (or go off if blinking isn;t an option).

Can this be easily done, rather than have them come on when in use and off when not is use? I want it set up like this so everything is easier to see in darker places.

Cheers for all your help in advance!

Tech Wizard

In Traktor, you could set the output to invert, so the light on the DDM will be on when the function is not in use (i.e. low kill), light off when in use. However, this means you have to assign every button on the DDM to some function in Traktor if you want the lights (on the DDM) to be on in the off state, off in the on state. Also note, on the DDM all of the 4 channels have to be assigned to MIDI in order for the LEDs to work, if even one channel is assigned as audio, then none of other channels' LEDs will light up in MIDI mode. So if you're using two channels for audio and the other two channels for MIDI, then the LEDs won't work on the two MIDI channels.

Blinking? No, except if you output beat tick for a deck, then it'll flash to the beat.

All good info. Cheers!

I actually played with it earlier. I've figured it out to an extent. I got my kill switches lighting up blue and changing to amber when in 'on' state (for the switches that have amber and blue lights). I've also managed to put both lights on some buttons, making a cool purple colour.

However, having issues with a couple of things. They are:

1) Only seem to be getting a master volume out of the headphones (even with 'mix' on the headphones section all the way down). Can't just listen to the track I wanna cue.

2) I'm trying to set it up so that everything possible on the DDM4000, including Channel 1, 2, 3 and Channel 4 are MIDI assigned but Channel 1 and 4 only are unmuted, and trying to run deck 1 on Traktor through Channel 1 and Deck 2 on Traktor through Channel 4. I have the laptop's onboard sound card with a stereo output, and also have a separate USB sound card with a stereo phono out. Is there any way I can run Deck 1 of Traktor through the onboard sound card into the unmuted Channel 1 on the DDM4000, and Deck 2 of Traktor through the USB sound card output into the unmuted Channel 4 of the DDM4000. Is this possible?

3) When I assign loop in or loop out to a button on the DDM4000, and then assign output LED control (invert ticked and unticked as I tried both), the light only comes on when the button is pressed as loop in and loop out buttons only have the 'trigger' action. Any way around this to get it to light up all the time, and maybe go off when pressed instead of off all the time and only coming on when pressed? Like I said, I tried the invert ticking box.

4) The last thing, is there any way to have Hot Cue 1, Hot Cue 2, Hot Cue 3 etc in Traktor? In Virtual DJ I know I can assign buttons to Hot Cue 1, Hot Cue 2 etc etc, then when I press them the track jumps back and plays from that cue point, kind of like a stutter effect cue. Just wana use three different hot cue buttons for each deck and not sure how to configure them.

Any help hugely appreciated.

Cheers!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast