How to map DDM 4000 in Traktor 1.2.1 - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

1) Only seem to be getting a master volume out of the headphones (even with 'mix' on the headphones section all the way down). Can't just listen to the track I wanna cue.
    since you're routing two channels to 1 and 4, you can only cue these. From what I've seen it is only possible if you set them to midi control but *without* muting them - which apparently you have, so it would seem something is not right here.
    In any case you will have to map the EQs to midi controls.

Is there any way I can run Deck 1 of Traktor through the onboard sound card into the unmuted Channel 1 on the DDM4000, and Deck 2 of Traktor through the USB sound card output into the unmuted Channel 4 of the DDM4000.
    On a Mac, create an aggregate device with both soundcards, which you can then use from Traktor. On windows, use ASIO4ALL to achieve the same effect.

When I assign loop in or loop out to a button on the DDM4000, and then assign output LED control (invert ticked and unticked as I tried both), the light only comes on when the button is pressed as loop in and loop out buttons only have the 'trigger' action. Any way around this to get it to light up all the time, and maybe go off when pressed instead of off all the time and only coming on when pressed? Like I said, I tried the invert ticking box.
    There are new modifiers/special conditions in traktor pro 1.2.3+ created for use with the X1, notably something like "in loop". Might have to play with that (I'll bust out the midimate and try to map these things in the ddm for fun later).

is there any way to have Hot Cue 1, Hot Cue 2, Hot Cue 3 etc in Traktor? In Virtual DJ I know I can assign buttons to Hot Cue 1, Hot Cue 2 etc etc, then when I press them the track jumps back and plays from that cue point, kind of like a stutter effect cue. Just wana use three different hot cue buttons for each deck and not sure how to configure them.
    Try mapping "select/set+store hotcue" assigned to your deck of choice + value being the hotcue number.I think this is in the "cue" section. Certainly not in transport. Gotta run now!

Quote Originally Posted by slangemenneske View Post
    since you're routing two channels to 1 and 4, you can only cue these. From what I've seen it is only possible if you set them to midi control but *without* muting them - which apparently you have, so it would seem something is not right here.
    In any case you will have to map the EQs to midi controls.

On a Mac, create an aggregate device with both soundcards, which you can then use from Traktor. On windows, use ASIO4ALL to achieve the same effect.

There are new modifiers/special conditions in traktor pro 1.2.3+ created for use with the X1, notably something like "in loop". Might have to play with that (I'll bust out the midimate and try to map these things in the ddm for fun later).

Try mapping "select/set+store hotcue" assigned to your deck of choice + value being the hotcue number.I think this is in the "cue" section. Certainly not in transport. Gotta run now!
    Cheers for this! It's a starting point.

All I want to be able to do is fully control the deck 1 and 2 Traktor tracks from cueing to EQs, kills, volume fader etc from Channels 1 and 4, hence why they are unmuted. Ideally, I want to send Deck 1 of Traktor to Channel 1 on DDM4000 and Deck 2 to Channel 4 on DDM4000. I've not muted these channels in DDM4000's MIDI settings to let the audio through. This is so that I can cue with DDM4000's PFL and utilise the DDM4000's effects section.

However, I'm struggling to find a simple step by step tutorial/guide on how to set it up to utilise both sound cards (to use a sound card for each deck/channel). I could do this easily in Virtual DJ using the "2 Sound Card Setup" option. Both sound cards appear in Traktor, but can't seem to select to use both at the same time. Anyone got ideas on how the "Audio Setup" within Traktor should look so that I can split the decks to 2 sound cards, then to 2 channels on my DDM4000, which enables me to PFL and cue tracks via the mixer. (I'm using a Windows 7 laptop by the way)

Will try the Hot Cue suggestion later when I get home from work. This setting up malarky takes longer than to learn how to DJ!

Oh, and another little thing (probably easy to solve). When I load a new track, the EQs on Traktor seem to reset rather than stick to what are on the mixer. How do I configure it to not reset and stick with what's on the mixer?
    Last edited by Bunford; 02-10-2010 at 08:23 AM.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Bunford View Post
    Oh, and another little thing (probably easy to solve). When I load a new track, the EQs on Traktor seem to reset rather than stick to what are on the mixer. How do I configure it to not reset and stick with what's on the mixer?

Preferences menu ~> Loading ~> uncheck "Reset all mixer controls when loading new track"

welcome to the forums konix!

I got serato a couple weeks ago and your videos were very helpful thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Konix View Post
    Preferences menu ~> Loading ~> uncheck "Reset all mixer controls when loading new track"
    Cool, cheers for this. Just need the other umpteen little nigglies fixed now!

After a bit of fiddling, the new hotcue status led outputs from Traktor Pro 1.2.3+ work in midi mode with with the ddm, which is neat. For kicks, I've got the left high/mid/low switches on the crossfader mapped as hotcue 1/2/3 with visual status.
    CF ON, when held down, activates a modifier which allows you to unset the three cue points by pressing the buttons (just like the hotcue buttons on the X1).
    I can post the .tsi I have for that so far if you want to see how that can work (needs the DDM to be on midi channel 2).

However - I'm afraid your plan of controlling the internal mixer, in external mode, with the midi pots will not bear fruition.
    If you want to be able to separate deck 1 and 2 into two different outputs to route into your hardware mixer, you need to use Traktor in external mode. And in external mixer mode, Traktor Pro does not allow you to touch the internal volume faders - they're disabled. The program used to prevent EQ adjustments as well, but they brought this back in by popular demand - so you can still map the internal EQs. If I remember correctly both worked in Traktor 3 (they were a source of confusion sometimes for obvious reasons - "oh hey why can't I hear squat ? oh wait I forgot to reset the internal EQs").
    Of course, since the DDM's channels are in midi mode, you can't use the faders, so your tracks will play at full volume.
    Trying to map Traktor's internal gain knobs to the mixer's volume channels in midi mode is a dead end (you usually can't cut the volume with Traktor's internal gains, they're not -∞).

So in short, just use the external mixer controls, don't map the channels in midi. The mixer is decent enough for that. Unfortunate for your wishes of kill switch lights but, at least we tried !

Back to the multiple sound cards issue, which is relevant regardless of what you do : again, to make multiple sound ards appear as one, we need to know if you're on a mac or a pc. Lookup "aggregate device" on the forum and you should find some documentation on this matter - Mac OS has a built-in feature for that and on windows you want ASIO4ALL.
    (edit : meh, I can't read, you did say windows 7 in the post above ! )

In general it would be helpful to state your Traktor version as well as not all of what I posted above is true in some versions.
    Last edited by bumtsch; 02-10-2010 at 05:48 PM.

I used ASIO4ALL and managed to suss it all out. I can get deck 1 running out of onboard sound card into Channel 1 on the DDM4000 and deck 2 out of the USB sound card into Channel 4 on the DDM4000. However, like you said above, I have to put in external mixer mode but as the mixer is in MIDI mode, I have no way of controlling the volume of the tracks or the crossfader.

I can get most LEDs working etc, but yet to try the hot cues etc. I upgraded to 1.2.4 earlier, and noticed there's a few extra options in the preferences menu.

I just don;t get why it's not available as it's obviously possible as Virtual DJ configurations allow you to map the way I want. However, for Virtual DJ, I can't seem to find a full working definition for the DDM4000 to allow me to start mapping it. This was the main reason I moved over to Traktor and now I've hit a stumbling block with that too.

My friend runs a studio and has Traktor, Virtual DJ etc and I've basically 'borrowed' his software and license to try and figure this out before taking the plunge into buying a license myself.

Tech Student

I was trying the mapping and then i came acros midi note ## while on Traktor its midi note E#1 E , C, C#1 etc ??? how do i know which is which ??

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but in case anyone's still interested, here's the tail end of a (needlessly) long email conversation I had with someone from Behringer's tech support, after I failed to get the kill switch leds to stay lit in response to incoming midi messages from Traktor.
    If anyone has managed to get them to light, specifically when using 2 channels of the mixer for audio and 2 for midi, then feel free to contradict him. I'd love to know how to make this seemingly simple thing work...

(oh, and ps. this is my first post here, but thanks to everyone who has helped me along the way during the 4 weeks or so that I've been setting up and using traktor, and reading all your contributions.)

Customer
    23/07/2010 08.51 AM
    OK. Thanks.

Response (Ben O.)
    23/07/2010 08.10 AM
    Hi Laurence,
    For the why not, this is just the way that it was designed and there's no apparent reason or explanation for it. In regards to a fix there is no official fix that exists I'm sorry to say.
    Kind regards
    Ben O.

Customer
    23/07/2010 01.12 AM
    Thanks again for the quick response, Ben, and sorry to go on about it. But my original questions were, 'Why not?', and 'Is there a fix?'
    Response (Ben O.)

22/07/2010 02.27 PM
    Hi Laurence,
    Sorry, I was looking at the other kill switches near the cross fader (long week). For the P1-P3 kill switches when assigned to MIDI these will light up briefly but will not stay lit. I hope this clarifies your question and if there is anything else I can answer please let me know.
    Kind regards
    Ben O.

You guys, I REALLY need help. Ive read every single thread on the ddm-4000 and I still cant solve my problem.

I would like to temporarily use my DDM-4000 as a midi interface to control traktor using just my Macbook pro, a midi-usb cable and my DDM-4000.

I have hooked up the macbook to the mixer using the cable and I have imported the traktor file to traktor. Heres my problem:

When I try to mix, none of the functions on my mixer move the on-screen functions. The Light on my cable lights up when I move my cross fader and the "Midi" symbol at the top of traktor turns blue but the onscreen fader doesnt move. I am so frustrated as I have no Idea what im doing wrong.

Please Help!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast