Macbook Air + VCI-100 + Traktor 1.2... WTF? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tech Convert

I have a question(nice thread btw). I'm about to buy a laptop for my vci-100 SE that I ordered from here and was wondering out of the mac selection where to go. I like how the mac air looks, and it looks like a steady piece, but would anyone suggest that? I know you could get a better deal with the macbook pro and that it has more stuff you can put in it, but I'll only be using this laptop for DJing. What do you think? Mac Air or Pro and why? I would assume the duo core 2 processors would be enough to run it.

Tech Wizard

Quite OT my bro, but what the hell.

For studies I would not chose anything other than my Air.. nothing beats the portability.. And the screen glares much less to!

For DJ'ing though... I wouldn't even think twice over chosing the Pro. Performance is adequate on the Air, but even soley on factors like two usb connections and a firewireport (important features for a digital DJ) its a win. With the air you would have to make use and carry around a powered usb-hub (like I do)... Even though the air is very sturdy, the aluminium is thin in it's places and is a lot more sensitive to denting...

Factoring in a lower price and better performance just makes the choice even easier...

Tech Mentor

Coreaudio drivers are just that flipping amazing when it comes to latency. Obviously the audioquality is going to be on the low end, because it's just internal audio after all, but macs were built with certain things in mind.

The fact that you can't go as low with your pc is probably just because your card isn't the best. Also, usb cards can't get as low as firewire cards can without starting to break up.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by n2hf1st View Post
    Coreaudio drivers are just that flipping amazing when it comes to latency. Obviously the audioquality is going to be on the low end, because it's just internal audio after all, but macs were built with certain things in mind.

The fact that you can't go as low with your pc is probably just because your card isn't the best. Also, usb cards can't get as low as firewire cards can without starting to break up.
    Yeah, starting to understand the beaty of Core Audio/Midi
    http://developer.apple.com/audio/overview.html
    http://developer.apple.com/mac/libra...03577-CH4-SW11

Would the Audio 2 be worse than the internal, in the case of latency. Because it uses the USB interface?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12