Any DJ's in Austin Texas that want to network? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tech Convert

lol if i could gig over there then hell yeah!!!! what kind of music are you into bro?

cheers
    vb

You're right, the EDM scene isn't huge in Austin, or Texas for that matter, but there are signs of life.

There is an Ableton Users Group that seem to meet on a fairly regular basis and do shows together:
    http://www.myspace.com/abletonusersgroupaustin

This company is doing a good job of bringing back a rave scene to Austin and use quite a few local DJs:
    http://www.massiveintent.com

I'm not really plugged in or networked with any DJs in Austin, but have some friends in San Antonio that put on a good show on a weekly basis.
    Last edited by misa; 12-23-2009 at 03:25 PM.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by munizj View Post
    i visit austin a lot. i was a student at a university just north of it in Georgetown, Southwestern University. i had to move back because of financial issues (40k a year lol nuh uh). always down for visiting! where do you guys spin?
    Wow! I grew up in G'town. Now I am in Durango, CO. It was the EDM scene in Austin 15 years ago that first gave me the passion to DJ. My first club experience was at the tall building not too far east of the Driscol Hotel on 6th, I can't remember the name, but it closed down by the mid-90's. I also remember good nights at Paradox back in the day.

I am just getting in the scene here in Durango, but I would love to know what's going on in Austin. A high school friend of mine is still spinning there in Austin on Pressure Radio, name Brandon Couch, mostly housey, soulful stuff. Not sure what he is using as his DJ name, or if he plays out much.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12