For todays artist travel setup we get to take a look inside the bag of DJ and producer, Robert Dietz. Robert Dietz cut his clubbing teeth on the Frankfurt scene dominated by the likes of Sven Vath, Ricardo Villalobos and Luciano, but the flourishing artist leaps all musical boundaries.
Robert has been found mixing on the Allen & Heath Xone:92, turntables with Traktor Scratch Pro 2, and a Kontrol X1, however he recently switched to CDJs (Pioneer CDJ 2000 Nexus) and USB keys with rekordbox. See what’s in his bag after the jump.
1 – Computer
- MacBook Air 13″ for music and performance
2 – Performance Gear
- 2 x Kingston Hyper X USB Keys 128GB (music collection)
- 2 x USB Keys 64GB (Tools)
- Soundbyte XL Auto-Loop Module for an extra channel, keeping the loop of a previous track or adding an effect.
3 – Hard Drives
- Lacie Rugged 1TB for personal backup, performance backup, studio projects
4 – Ear Plugs
- ACS Custom for the club, -15 dB
- ACS Sleepsound for noisy housekeeping and annoying flight attendants
5 – Perfomance cables
- Oyaide NEO Custom Audio & USB Cables for the loop module, DJ-Set up and studio
6 – Headphones
- AIAIA TMA-1 DJ headphones for DJing
- QuietComfort® 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling headphones for planes, rides and demos.
- iPhone 6 / Bumper – Throwing phone consistently.
- Creditcard holder
- Comme Des Garcons Play Green – I’m obsessed with smelling good.
- Green Tea Pills / Vitamins – Really addicted to nutrition supplements and their „benefits“
- Banana – Being hungry on the road can cause harm and damage to my environment.
- Dice – Helps me with decisions when I don’t trust my instincts
- Aspirin – For the morning after
For more Robert Dietz check him out at robertdietz.net, Soundcloud, Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
Looking for more artist gear setups? See what’s in these artists bags:
What artist gear setup would you like to see?
Let us know in the comments below!
Haven’t seen that looper in a while, nice!
I still love the concept of this series but it’s getting quite old to read about the 2 cdjs/rekordbox set up. Maybe if the artists featured weren’t doing the typical international club circuit, we would see more variety. I play a lot off beat parties and festivals and I love seeing the variety of set ups other djs are using in that sphere.
the dice thing is interesting
No mention of the condom? travel essential?
“Being hungry on the road can cause harm and damage to my environment.”
Were truer words ever spoken?