Following quickly in the footsteps of Apple’s announcement of their new flagship Mac computers earlier this week, Algoriddim has released the Mac app for their djay Pro AI software. It functions via Apple’s new M1 chip, as it’s been rebuilt via Apple Neural Engine in order to run natively on Apple’s new computers as a universal app.
The new Mac app comes with Algoriddim’s Neural Mix technology (sound familiar? Yep – you’re probably familiar with the standalone app for Neural Mix that came out a few months back). It offers 15x faster machine learning performance, as well as open the doors to Neural Mix’s capabilities like isolating beats, instruments, and vocals of any track in real time.
Karim Morsy, Algoriddim’s CEO, explains:
“djay Pro AI and its groundbreaking Neural Mix technology are profoundly impacting DJing and remix culture as a whole. And we’re thrilled to bring it to the Mac. With the power of Apple’s M1 chip we’re doubling down on machine learning to introduce new features that mark a breakthrough in digital audio, including the possibility to apply audio effects not only on the whole track but on individual components of a song. The all-new streamlined user interface shines on macOS Big Sur and will offer DJs unprecedented tools to fine tune their skills and mix music like never before.”
With the Mac app also comes a new feature – the ability to crossfade between singular components of two songs independently, like swapping basslines or melodies, all the while keeping keys and beats matched automatically.
A rundown of the full features
Take a look at the mega-list of features djay Pro AI comes with:
- All-new streamlined user interface
- Single app unifying djay across macOS and iOS devices
- Fully optimized for M1-powered Macs and macOS Big Sur
- Unlimited access to an extensive library of samples, loops, FX, and visuals
- Neural MixTM audio effects: 40+ state-of-the-art audio effects that can be assigned to the whole track or to individual components of songs
- Neural MixTM channel configurations to suit different genres and mixing styles (e.g. “Instrumental – Acapella” separation for HipHop, “Drums – Harmonic – Vocals” for Dance, or “Drums – Bass – Melodic” for Electronic music)
- Neural MixTM looping: loop vocals or melodies independently from the beat of the same track and vice versa
- Music production tools: Looper & Sequencer
- Video Mixing
- Isolator EQ
- Integration with over 100 DJ hardware controllers
- Plug-and-play with the RANE TWELVE motorized turntable controller
- Stream directly through TIDAL, SoundCloud, Beatport, and Beatsource
What’ll it cost me?
The app is now available on the App Store for free, though you can upgrade to get access to all of the app’s features for $6.99/month or $49.99/year. This also comes with app availability across your Mac, iPad, and iPhone.
Regardless of free or paid access, though, you’ll need to be running macOS 10.14 or later on your Mac to use it.
FYI – Algoriddim is currently offering a free 7-day trial of the software. You can download it here.
[…] goal may not be very realistic, but it is still worth hoping for. Virtual DJ and djay Neural Mix both have recently gained support for AI-based real-time stem […]
[…] post Algoriddim’s djay Pro AI has arrived on macOS appeared first on DJ […]