Just a day after the announcement of the Traktor Kontrol Z1 mixer, it appears that product renderings of a refresh of the very first Native Instruments controller, the Traktor Kontrol X1, have surfaced on an online music equipment store, PSSL. Read on for exclusive details and all of the photos of what may be the new Traktor Kontrol X1 MK2.
IN PHOTOS: TRAKTOR KONTROL X1 MK2
First up – the photos. It’s worth noting that all of these are a similar high quality renderings that we’ve seen from Native Instruments in the past – making it very unlikely that these are a hoax.
KONTROL X1 MK 2 FEATURES
We’re not going to speculate too much on the feature set here – and instead just let you all read exactly what was written on the PSSL product page – which we’re guessing won’t be up for too much longer:
Native Instruments’ Traktor Kontrol X1 is a company [sic] and portable controller designed for perfect Traktor integration, delivering ultra-intuitive control over looping, syncing, and effects on two track decks. Equally powerful for DJing in the box or using timecode control, its plug-and-play connectivity lets you set up fast. Robust knobs and buttons give you instant, tactile control over all essential DJ functions. A multi-purpose touch strip keeps you in direct control without ever having to reach for your turntable or CDJ, perfect for quick, precise pitchbending and innovative effects control.
- Innovative – Multi-purpose touch strip for DJing without the need for a turntable or CDJ
- Fully-integrated – Perfectly complements digital DJ setups, from “all in the box” to premium digital vinyl systems like Traktor Scratch
- New multi-purpose touch strip keeps you in direct control without ever having to reach for your turntable or CDJ
- Advanced, touch-sensitive browser and loop controls deliver ultimate performance possibilities
- New RGB cue point trigger buttons help to visually identify cue points from loops or load markers
- Improved 7-segment displays and LED indicators on the multi-purpose touch strip for comprehensive visual feedback
- Control 2 track decks and 2 freely assignable Traktor FX units
- Plug and play – instantly automaps to Traktor
- Innovative new touch strip delivers ultra-precise control over track position, pitchbend, and FX
- Precision buttons, knobs and touch-sensitive encoders deliver ultimate control
- Lightweight, robust housing with slim, ultra-portable form factor – fits perfectly next to a club mixer
- Expandable – connect 2 Traktor Kontrol X1s to control up to 4 decks
- Compatible – combine with Traktor Kontrol Z2 mixer or Traktor Kontrol F1 Remix controllers
A few more interesting points to point out:
- Touch strip functionality seems to be designed to allow for jog-wheel free, Twitch-style pitchbending
- RGB triggers could also indicate some Remix Deck potential in this controller
- The power adapter on the rear of the unit is a good sign that it will work with Traktor DJ, similar to the Kontrol Z1
- The product page notes a price of $199 and a ship date of August 1st
Notice anything interesting yourselves? Let us know in the comments and we’ll discuss!