What is your day job? (If any) - Page 49
Page 49 of 56 FirstFirst ... 39454647484950515253 ... LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Liambo View Post
    Where abouts you from mate?

I did some summer work as a scaffolder when i was back in school and hated it. Didn't mind the hard work just didn't like the job.
    Am from Dundee mate .... Yeah it's not the best of jobs .... I was working for ias and earning between 400 to 500 a week am only a trainee don't wana get my tickets means I'll end up doing it all my life. But this place am at now am getting about 230 a week which is awful especaily if you live for the weekends Haha Sunday come and boom no money!!!

What do you work as now?

Tech Convert

Default Any others in Medicine?

Quote Originally Posted by keithace View Post
    i work in a hospital transporting patients between procedures and everything that involves...

i will hopefully be a nurse soon...

i like to help people...but i also like being in control...

hence being a DJ...
    Glad to see others working in medicine on this forum, as that's the direction I'm moving in. I'm currently a full time post-bac student (undergrad is a good deal less fun the second time around) fulfilling my pre-requisites, and producing and gigging whenever I can. I'm considering studying for either nursing or physician assistant, as I understand there can be a good deal of flexibility with the schedule to accomodate my music. On average, I gig a few times a month. Focusing more on production now so I've got a calling card.

I'm perfectly comfortable earning a living to support my music, so long as all my playing time doesn't get devoured. I previously worked in social work as a case manager, which left me with plenty of time to dig for tracks online while at the job.

If anyone has any experience in medicine and making it work with DJing, I'd love to hear from you.

Cheers,
    Ginkgo
    www.soundcloud.com/ginkgo

BA in Economics. And now I am looking for a job. Also doing lots of sports, 4 month's ago I had an injury, so the last month's I was rehabillitating from that injury. Plenty of time to learn!

Cheers!
    DJ Kontrol S2 || Traktor 2.6 || MBP 15" 16G Retina || MACKIE MR5 MKII ||

Prod. PC Duo Core || 22" LG || Ableton Live 9 || AKAI MPK mini

Tech Convert

Well, I work at Target..
    Ahahah, but I'm only 16 ok ! haha

i´m working as a product manager/materials requirements manager for an online shop called www.impericon.com. i´m responsible for the merchandise section. metal/hardcore/metalcore clothes all day long
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

One of the cooler jobs!
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Account Manager for Anixter in Bredbury, UK.
    Resident DJ at Mosquito in Liverpool, UK.
    http://soundcloud.com/squirec Mixes mainly containing funky/disco/chicago/swing house. Although, there's always room for a little something different.
    Equipment: 15" Macbook Pro (Mid 2012), Traktor Pro 2, Traktor Kontrol X1, Pioneer CDJ 1000 Mk2 x 2, Pioneer DJM 700, Sennheiser HD25 Mk2 headphones.

Quote Originally Posted by tekki View Post
    One of the cooler jobs!
    it pays the bills and my coworkers are some of my closest friends. some may call a dream come true.
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

I work part-time at a local supermarket, as soon as I can get some money with DJing I'm out of there though!

Mixcloud | Soundcloud | Facebook | Website(Dutch)

I mean, i would REALLY like to wake up and have boobs one day but there are reasons that just wouldnt work - Antifmradio

Tech Mentor

I work as a bartender on the weekends and go to university on weekdays (studying geography and journalism).
    I really hope to get a residency at a club some time so i can quit bartending and earn some cash with djing (since the work-hours will not be any different and i will have a lot more fun). The bar where i work turns into a club at 10pm and the dj we have only plays top40 commercial stuff, same tunes every fucking weekend. Talked to him and he's quite a sellout (doesn't like the music he has to spin that much but does it for the cash). I wouldn't want to do that. I'm looking for gigs at more underground venues where i could play tunes i liked. I would have the possibility to play like an opening set at the place i work, but it would have to be some commercial hiphop and reggeaton, and i really dont want to do that, not even for the experience...
    Macbook Pro, TP 2.6, 2* Kontrol X1, A&H xone:92, NI Maschine, 2* KRK Rokit 5s, Sennheiser HD 25-II
    http://www.mixcloud.com/_volpe/