How do people run their BCR2000?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default How do people run their BCR2000?

I am thinking about running DJ-sets from either Ableton or TS by making use of a Behringer BCR2000.

I like this controller because it can also be used for producing music. I heared people are using it to DJ too.

I was wondering, if any of you are using this already, and if so, has anyone got pointers/tips in mapping or modding it for this purpose?
    (In short, I am looking for experiences regarding dJing with the BCR2000 anyone. )
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Do you plan to use thing thing on its own? or in combination with another device ? If so what other device ?

Also you should be using Ableton and TS at the same time if you really wanna take things to another level all together.

Personally having a VCI id use it like this....
    My VCI would be devoted to control over the Traktor decks + effects over Traktor decks.

Then the BCD could be used for the tracks you have loaded into Ableton Live, Basslines, Melodies, Breaks, Synths, Samplers, Mastering, Filtering. Go crazy creating heaps of smart-knobs !

I am personally of the opinion one device is not enough for both full control of Traktor and Ableton at the same time if you plan on adding several more channels into Ableton.

The run of Knobs along the top could be used for mastering and mastering effects, you could then divide the knobs along the bottom up between other channels you have going in Ableton. The 24 knobs along the bottom are endless faders, they work quite well if you are doing on the fly remapping of the controls. You could use the buttons along the right hand side of the BCD to change what channel each row is controlling, the endless faders work well like this using relative positioning.

Hi Bento,

thanks for your mentioned options. I am planning on using it solo in Ableton/TS.
    The mappings you mention look/sound very promising. Will be looking into that one.

Once again thanks. (And still keep the suggestions coming)
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)

These things are so cheap considering they have that many knobs on them, they look like they have extra space to add those potentiometers Fatlimey mentioned in his open source custom controller post, that would be such a cool mod !

WoW!

Adding this to it, might actually be a nice one for faders/crossfader alternatives.

Nice one!

That looks sexy! how would one go about hookin that up though?

Quote Originally Posted by Krilikz View Post
    That looks sexy! how would one go about hookin that up though?
    They're electrically identical to a normal rotary POT, they just vary resistance based on where you press on it down it's length, one point of contact only. You just stick it onto a solid surface, solder wires onto the three contacts and read with a controller (analog input of an Arduino or Basic Stamp) as normal. For any electronics geek, couldn't be simpler.

Alright, time for part TWO!

I have bought the BCR, and I am following a MIDI mapping for complete naabs crash course now.

Anyone ideas of mappings. (Will be sketching in Photoshop tomorrow. )

Finally started up on my Ableton mapping work, just touching the basics. (Track/clip selections and launching, EQ(8)-ing, crossfading, master tempo.

Here's a link to a picture of my mapping thusfar.

Quote Originally Posted by tekki View Post
    Here's a link to a picture of my mapping thusfar.
    Do you actually use Tap Tempo? I've never actually used it in anger - apart from setting tempos on effects with LFOs, but that's a different function in Traktor.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast