BPM 2010, Day 1 Pics Anyone ? - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nosferatu View Post
    I guess logos on the jogs it is... oh well, I'm still in!

I'm actually liking the size of the S4... it makes for comfortable mixing IMO, and still hella more portable than lugging two road cases with decks, all in all a fair compromise.
    Definitely logos on the Jogs.

About the size. It 'looks' big, i think its an optical illusion really. I mean yeah its 19" which is 4" bigger than the VCI but that 4" adds 2 more channels and a bit more room for mixing as you say. Its less cramped than the VCI. I dont find the VCI cramped but its not exactly ergonomic.

A note about the Jog Wheel placement. It is perfect.
    If you imagine where abouts you manipulate regular vinyl and the distance from the x-fader its much more similar to the S4.

Quote Originally Posted by Wickedsight View Post
    Amsterdam would be nice and centralized
    Im guessing that happydan is thinking UK.
    But AMS would be cool, i love that city.

Tech Guru

Karlos what alien workshop crafted those Neon Timecodes for you they look unreal. Perhaps this is in the NI pipeline?

Yeah mate 3 new Neon colours coming soon.
    My picture is rubbish, they are a lot more colourful and marbled in real life.
    The pic below shows the colours to be a bit less marbled than they really are.

Tech Guru

haha shit are you serious, will they actually be limited?

I don't have TTs, but I'd almost buy them just to be sure not to not have them when I do get TTs
    MBP 13" - Kontrol S4 - nanoKontrol - DHJ-500 - Hercules DJ Console MK1
    Find me on: Facebook, Soundcloud
    Quote Originally Posted by space monkey View Post
    Hi Karlos! I have a lawnmower, do you like grapes?

Quote Originally Posted by rdej47 View Post
    haha shit are you serious, will they actually be limited?
    Dunno... Limited run probably . I think they will appeal to the younger DJ (sounding like an old fart) although the Blue do look nice in real life.

Im still using my Clear and Red.

Quote Originally Posted by Wickedsight View Post
    Amsterdam would be nice and centralized
    Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    Im guessing that happydan is thinking UK.
    But AMS would be cool, i love that city.
    Stay tuned, there might be a dutch edition coming along in April or March.
    Talking venues in Utrecht and Amsterdam lads.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

I_AM_THERE.

Its cheap as f**k to get to AMS from UK.

Do it man.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekki View Post
    Stay tuned, there might be a dutch edition coming along in April or March.
    Talking venues in Utrecht and Amsterdam lads.
    If you need any help setting it up, I'll lend a hand. Don't know if I can really mean anything, but I'm a good helper

Shouldn't be too hard to find a decent place in AMS, plenty of nice places here willing to host from what I've heard.
    MBP 13" - Kontrol S4 - nanoKontrol - DHJ-500 - Hercules DJ Console MK1
    Find me on: Facebook, Soundcloud
    Quote Originally Posted by space monkey View Post
    Hi Karlos! I have a lawnmower, do you like grapes?

Ooooowh, I'm seriously suffering BPM cold turkey symptoms, how am I going to last a whole month without an S4!

NI have completely nailed it, god the fader's are perfect, I'm a very experienced scratch dj with Inno faders in my Scratchophone and Vestax 08 and seriously wouldn't even bother asking if the S4 can have an Inno fader installed. Apart from the size difference, performance wise there isn't a difference between the S4 jogs and cdj2000's. I threw every thing I could at those jogs, even triplet stabs over a fast beat sounded spot on, which is really impressive considering I'm not even use to scratching with static platters. The jogs are ONLY in the wrong position for rapid beat juggling, 99.9% of controller dj's don't beat juggle, jus get stick to your turntable's for juggling.
    I don't no why people would want it any smaller it's the perfect size and sooooooo light but solid just like Maschine.

If I had to pick hole's, the first obvious one was the finger print grubby shiny plastic in the middle, I'd expect a brilliant TechTools logo'd idea to fall out of mr Goldens head to remedy that. Thru mode for Vinyl takes over sample deck C or D, pants!

Overall I'm shocked at how can NI who's only made ONE piece of dj hardware get it so wright! where as others who have been in the game for decades constantly get it wrong.

Did any one else see how much westenddj were selling Traktor Scratch Pro for!!!
    My friend went to BPM to save a few quid on a copy of Ableton and ended up spending £250!! on TSP, the really funny thing was the next customer behind my mate bought SSL3 for £500, ha ha ha ha ha ha ha hah ah ah ah ha ha ha, the Serato tool was there to actually watch my friend spend half the money he was for 10 times the features and a million times the soundcard and the div still spent £500 on SSL 3. ( I actually laughed out loud and got a bit of a look from him when he asked for SSL3 )

@Karlos - Wot was NI's final count for the dj mag tech awards?? I witnessed

Native Instruments 4 - Serato 0

The 2Twenty2 guy I spoke too was brilliant, you could tell he'd done some serious cramming in a short amount of time leading up to BPM, the only question of mine he couldn't answer was, " do those sample pads send 0 - 127 message " (like Maschine or MPD's ) That way they would be future proof and allow for the potential of velocity sensitive pad drumming in future updates.
    Last edited by Dubba Dutch; 10-04-2010 at 02:35 AM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast