Different layouts - different setups
    Tech Wizard

Default Different layouts - different setups

Hi!

I have a Xone: DX that i don't use but as i'm getting more and more tired of fucked CDJ's on clubs im thinking about bringing it back into business.
    I have everything nicely mapped and layout'ed for 2xTimecodes+1xKX1 and i really dont wan't to mess that up.

Can i use the layout menu to make a Xone: DX layout - and what is the easiest way to get around the mapping?
    Will a Xone: DX mapping automatically be disabled until i plug it in?

The thought is that sometimes it would be nice just to switch back to timecodes for som events and otherwise use the DX.

I'm thinking something like:
    A. Launching Traktor
    B. Choose the desired layout
    C. Choose soundcard
    D. Go - go - go

Are there other things i have to take in to measure when i do this?

I'm aware that i would have to import the settings via the "small import" to keep the other midi settings and that i would have to set the in-out's different for each soundcard to make it work.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

You can have several different controllers in Traktor, the in/out port is the key. So as long as you have a mapping for the DX whenever you plug it in it should work. As far as layouts go you can have different ones saved and just cycle through them.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Wizard

So as long as the in/out port are set to the specific controller the midi part is okay
    I'll make to layouts - for both setups
    and then i have to learn myself witch outputs i wish to use in the soundcard or make a post-it for quick setup.

Any one else doing something similar and want to share some tips?

well I guess you can switch by deleting your current mappings and preferences and then import (the big one) your new settings directly without the need to change the audio settings manually. Am I correct?
    And as photojojo adviced, create different layouts that can be changed easily with a programmed button or any other control available from your dx or other type of gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Yul View Post
    well I guess you can switch by deleting your current mappings and preferences [/I]
    ...or you can just have 'em all in one tsi and unable the in out ports of the mappings you want to deactivate.
    OSX 10.6.4 | Traktor Pro 2 | VCi-100 FW 1.4 | NI Audio 8 | Xone 92 | M Audio BX8A Deluxe