Traktor Pro Maps for Hercules RMX
    Tech Convert

Default Traktor Pro Maps for Hercules RMX

hello guys =)
    aim a bit disapointed with the 'oficial' maps for hercules rmx...
    is possible you help me with that plz? do you have diferent mapps? so i can test it ?
    big thanks =)

my current version of traktor pro is 1.2.4

Tech Mentor

I've got one, I'll upload it.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by dsharps View Post
    I've got one, I'll upload it.
    do it plz =)
    4 deck or 2? If u have both .. better ^^

THANKS =)

Tech Mentor

Here's a rundown of the mapping. I use the center Scratch button (above the D-Pad) as a global shift button. The "Shift buttons" on the left and right do other stuff. Most of the central controls work the same. This refers to:
    Play/Pause
    Cue
    Stop
    Volume Sliders (Master only works if you hold the Scratch button, cause I kept accidentally bumping it)
    Pitchfaders
    EQ Knobs
    Balance
    Crossfader

All the above controls work like you'd expect them to. The fun comes in with the shift buttons above the grid of 6 that turn green when you press them.

That grid of 6 buttons controls loops in their normal state. Top left is loop in, top right is loop out, the middle control loop size, bottom left drops an 8 count loop, and bottom right toggles loop active.

When you press that shift button (and it turns green, to show the toggle state), the grid switches over to control cues. If there isn't a hotcue assigned, it drops one (1-6), and if it is assigned, it jumps there on a press.

Also when you hit that button, the EQ controls/kills switch over to FX mode. This works best with Chained Mode on the FX boxes. Hitting the Kill button will turn on the effect (blue is on, dark is off), and the knob next to it will control the main parameter. The gain knob will control Dry/Wet.

You can change FX from the controller too. That button in the top left that says Deck Select (I think? It has 3 lights, and two click knobs above it). The left knob selects Deck A effects, the right selects Deck B effects. The light denotes which of the three effects in the chained box you're looking at (left is first, middle is second, right is third).

Other stuff:
    - Sync buttons work as expected, holding shift and hitting sync sets that deck to master.
    - The pitch bend make tiny adjustments to pitch, they're useful.
    - the fast forward and rewind buttons jump eight beats, holding Scratch and hitting those loads next track/previous track.
    - Load Deck A and Load Deck B don't work unless you hold the scratch button, again to prevent accidents. It happened once live, and I changed the mapping right there during the set haha.
    - The Monitor and Headphone volumes control the Filters, which are only active if you hit the green light shift things. To control monitor and headphone volumes, hold scratch.
    - Also, the center balance knob controls Deck A normally, and Deck B if you hold scratch.
    - Up/Down on the D-Pad scrolls through your song list, holding the left button will pop up full screen list, and the jogs will scroll. Right jumps through folders I think.

One more big feature: FX Uber Mode
    If you hit the right side Cue Select (it's next to Load Deck A), the jog wheels and the master volume fader switch over to control FX deck 3 (I like to have it set to BeatSlicer, but you have to turn the FX dry/wet up on your computer.) The right jog changes the third parameter, the left does the second, and the volume slider does the first. It's super fun and really useful. The left side cue select turns it on for Deck B.

If you have any questions, I'd be happy to answer!

Tech Convert

Here's a rundown of the mapping. I use the center Scratch button (above the D-Pad) as a global shift button. The "Shift buttons" on the left and right do other stuff. Most of the central controls work the same. This refers to:
    Play/Pause
    Cue
    Stop
    Volume Sliders (Master only works if you hold the Scratch button, cause I kept accidentally bumping it)
    Pitchfaders
    EQ Knobs
    Balance
    Crossfader

All the above controls work like you'd expect them to. The fun comes in with the shift buttons above the grid of 6 that turn green when you press them.

That grid of 6 buttons controls loops in their normal state. Top left is loop in, top right is loop out, the middle control loop size, bottom left drops an 8 count loop, and bottom right toggles loop active.

When you press that shift button (and it turns green, to show the toggle state), the grid switches over to control cues. If there isn't a hotcue assigned, it drops one (1-6), and if it is assigned, it jumps there on a press.

Also when you hit that button, the EQ controls/kills switch over to FX mode. This works best with Chained Mode on the FX boxes. Hitting the Kill button will turn on the effect (blue is on, dark is off), and the knob next to it will control the main parameter. The gain knob will control Dry/Wet.

You can change FX from the controller too. That button in the top left that says Deck Select (I think? It has 3 lights, and two click knobs above it). The left knob selects Deck A effects, the right selects Deck B effects. The light denotes which of the three effects in the chained box you're looking at (left is first, middle is second, right is third).

Other stuff:
    - Sync buttons work as expected, holding shift and hitting sync sets that deck to master.
    - The pitch bend make tiny adjustments to pitch, they're useful.
    - the fast forward and rewind buttons jump eight beats, holding Scratch and hitting those loads next track/previous track.
    - Load Deck A and Load Deck B don't work unless you hold the scratch button, again to prevent accidents. It happened once live, and I changed the mapping right there during the set haha.
    - The Monitor and Headphone volumes control the Filters, which are only active if you hit the green light shift things. To control monitor and headphone volumes, hold scratch.
    - Also, the center balance knob controls Deck A normally, and Deck B if you hold scratch.
    - Up/Down on the D-Pad scrolls through your song list, holding the left button will pop up full screen list, and the jogs will scroll. Right jumps through folders I think.

One more big feature: FX Uber Mode
    If you hit the right side Cue Select (it's next to Load Deck A), the jog wheels and the master volume fader switch over to control FX deck 3 (I like to have it set to BeatSlicer, but you have to turn the FX dry/wet up on your computer.) The right jog changes the third parameter, the left does the second, and the volume slider does the first. It's super fun and really useful. The left side cue select turns it on for Deck B.

If you have any questions, I'd be happy to answer!
    your map seems pretty cool =)
    aim happy u post it i will try it.. but ..your control is a Console Rmx?
    i never saw a green LED .. that's why aim asking xD '' (and it turns green, to show the toggle state)''
    Btw aim planning to buy another control only to efects and hot cues have you any good sugestion?
    thanks

Tech Mentor

I have the DJ control Steel, which is the same controller without the sound hardware in the back. The green LED I was referring to is in the two Shift buttons above that grid of 6 buttons on each side. They might light up a different color on your controller

Tech Convert

I have the DJ control Steel, which is the same controller without the sound hardware in the back. The green LED I was referring to is in the two Shift buttons above that grid of 6 buttons on each side. They might light up a different color on your controller

maps from dj control steel dont work in RMX i think but i will test it
    and rmx dont have any green led =) only blue =P

Tech Convert

This image might help some people out

heres some mapping files for traktor and rmx that were posted on my website

JohnyBoyDJ posted a 4 deck mixer mapping file for traktor
    http://rapidshare.com/#!download|253...ficata.tsi|727

heres one i made that deals with fx

[ame="http://www.megaupload.com/?d=J6I33FHH"]MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service[/ame]

Changed buttons 4 5 6 on RMX left deck to turn on FX1 buttons 1 2 and 3 by holding it down

Changed buttons 4 5 6 on RMX right deck to turn on FX2 buttons 1 2 and 3 by holding it down

Changed gain on RMX left and right to control the Filter for each deck A & B

Made Balance on RMX control the Effect amount on FX1 & FX2 for FX button 3
    http://www.DJMoya.com
    -TouchOSC / iPad - Hercules RMX - HP DV5Z - Numark TT-500's - Virtual DJ - Traktor DJ - FL Studio

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Try this mapping .. http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20721

its a 4 deck RMX layout .. thumbnails are attached in there to show you the settings... you may need to tweak a few settings i've found a few bugs in it.