NI kontrol M1 (member mockup) - Page 10
Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Some touch screen fun (not multi-touch), could fairly easily be done with an arduino or similar programmable circuit I think.
    I looked into it for my own project, but I didn't figure there'd be much interest, so I didn't spend a lot of time on.

Guess I was wrong
    Fixing stuff that isn't broken.

Quote Originally Posted by Garygary1 View Post
    The only problem with this is that the is no eqing section, unless your ok with 2-band (eww).
    This config just makes it out to be a glorified apc.
    the name 'KFX' rather implies that this is designed for FX control and not EQs. If that's what you want I suggest you look at the M1 concept on page 1 of this thread.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Tech Mentor

correct
    this thread isn't only about the mixer I originally intended anymore.
    lots of good ideas throughout this thread tho.

Hey Joost / Tekki

I'm fiddling around with the 3d model of the designs you guys posted.
    Right now I'm on the mixers.
    It sounds pretty unanimous from the DJTT crowd that as generic controller faces as possible are good. Lack of text and such.
    To that effect, would any of you mind if I dropped the NI style controller casing (the shiny plate, raised top and bottom), and put your layouts into the same style case I used for my own concept? That would make my job a lot easier when it comes to modeling, but I'd still stick to your layouts and ideas.

That would also help along the process of actually making it down the line (should any of you desire my plans for production), as there would be no infringement with NI in terms of visual look.

Thanks

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by theory28 View Post
    jog wheels are nice for moving around the track before you play it...
    +1

i think pitch bending is easier with a jog wheel too. personal preference

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by safefire View Post
    Hey Joost / Tekki

It sounds pretty unanimous from the DJTT crowd that as generic controller faces as possible are good. Lack of text and such.
    To that effect, would any of you mind if I dropped the NI style controller casing (the shiny plate, raised top and bottom), and put your layouts into the same style case I used for my own concept? That would make my job a lot easier when it comes to modeling, but I'd still stick to your layouts and ideas.

That would also help along the process of actually making it down the line (should any of you desire my plans for production), as there would be no infringement with NI in terms of visual look.

Thanks
    Good idea
    I still hope that if NI was to make something like this, it would be the same size as the X1.
    I know thats hard to do for us. Maybe if someone broke his X1 you could use the parts and machine a new top plate. would be amazing, but pretty much impossible I figure

Quote Originally Posted by safefire View Post
    Hey Joost / Tekki

Thanks
    Sure, just go for it!
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Messing around with the top layout and a transparent board.
    I grouped things a little differently and added some CF assign buttons, nothing labeled.
    I'll take a look at Tekki's take a little later, try to blend the two together somehow.

EDIT: For now it looks like the thing should definitely be doable in a 1inch thick casing, with wire routing and whatnot.

What are your guys take on labeling, keep a generic controller?
    I tried to group up things a bit, make it more easily mappable, but I don't know if I overdid it.

Tech Mentor

looking good, the 3d gives a better feeling of spacing between the knobs. I had the feeling that my knobs were very close in some cases.

Nice!
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast