NI kontrol M1 (member mockup) - Page 12
Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Also was thinking. On a two channel mixer.. could you add two pitch faders and pitch bend buttons as well.

Problem i have with a midi controller with out jog wheels is... When ever im at a party and i need to mix in a track from some one else using CDJ or Turns. I need to beatmatch into my session. with out a jog wheel or pitch bend I would be lost

So i think a pitch bend and pitch faders would be really nice. Think it would only look good on a two channel. with the four it might be to cluttered.
    "Music is the purest form of art... therefore true poets, they who are seers, seek to express the universe in terms of music... " "Music is your own experience, your own thoughts, your wisdom. If you don't live it, it won't come out of your horn. They teach you there's a boundary line to music. But, man, there's no boundary line to art." Quotes of wisdom...

Tech Mentor

maybe a completely new serie of controllers, not based around the X1. but follow up the unit.
    kontrol Version 2
    something like:
    X2: transport, deck, 4x FX assign buttons, tempo controls
    FX2: Cue points, 2X FX controls, assignable faders (for super faders etc.) like my FX1 mockup
    M2: two channel mixer, EQ, gain, filter, pan, headphone cue, master volume, volume faders, crossfader. (similar to my second or third M1 mockup)
    SD2: sample deck, and other features that would go nice with the new traktor. freely assignable touchpad maybe?

all of them with usb ports on the side so you can connect them together tight. so only one usb chord going to the PC/MAC.

no lables on the buttons, or on the face plate. labled overlay with standard mapping.

would be great. Looking forward to something like that
    anyone want to add a unit?
    Last edited by joostiisme; 01-22-2011 at 10:56 AM.

You the man! (did i say that already?)

Since i started playing with the X1 I find myself only touching the VCI to Cue, pitch bend and adjust the EQ. the X1 has everything that u need to set hot cues and use FX. (Using Traktor anyway)

and at a price of 199, with a unit being made sold at a similar price. Getting another X1 and one of these possible 4 channel or two channel "Mixers" with (hate to beat a dead horse) pitch bend would be EPIC!!!

Then other units that stray away from the X1 unit and have all the FX, Super faders and arcade buttons for CUE Juggle.
    Last edited by tomii; 01-22-2011 at 11:41 AM.
    "Music is the purest form of art... therefore true poets, they who are seers, seek to express the universe in terms of music... " "Music is your own experience, your own thoughts, your wisdom. If you don't live it, it won't come out of your horn. They teach you there's a boundary line to music. But, man, there's no boundary line to art." Quotes of wisdom...

Tech Mentor

little idea how the serie would look like,

note:
    I have not changed any of the pictures, they're the same I posted before.
    In my last post I told my idea, this is just to look at the whole picture, as it is now, unchanged

I think i just wet myself

So i was looking at my X1 and it already has the pitch bend and temp. hahahahahaha my bad... pitch fader would still be cool tho.

Carry on

I will make an Arcade button/touchpad mockup after this weekend guys.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Tech Mentor

nice one tekki

Ive got two exams next week, so I wont be making a new mockups before next weekend.
    I want to make my next mockups in the same style as the FX unit, I better like the white LEDs.
    Ill try to make the whole serie and post them all at once.
    till then. keep posting ideas, mockups and comments

OK...... uh So what does that mean??? Can we expect joostiisme's madness to become a reality?? Can I spread this thread all over the web lol or keep it on the DL? these things aint goin to be like 400 bucks are they. (as u can tell im way trippin right now! this is SICK!!!)

Are there clear arcade buttons because im sure we all dig the LED's

Tech Mentor

haha, I'm not albe to make these things, and I am not in contact with DJTT of NI.
    It's also a wish of mine that these devices would be build.
    Im only talking about photoshop mockups.

I have never made a DIY controller...
    I'm just handy with photoshop. and think alot...

That was what I had up my sleeve Joost, and the reason I was waiting to post my stuff, damn you man! :P

I'd like to throw my skills into this mix and look into the idea of a couple different controllers, soon as I'm done drawing PCB's for my own controller (which you guys are WELCOME to integrate into this mockup-maddness, wink wink), I'll sit down and flesh out the mixer concept as bit, as well as looking at a way to make the effects unit too.

EDIT: I'm pretty excited about all this, I'll take 15 minutes off and do a top-down of my own controller for photoshopping. If any of you want to mock up things based on arcade buttons, check over to my own thread in a few minutes
    Last edited by safefire; 01-22-2011 at 03:37 PM.
    Fixing stuff that isn't broken.

Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast