My interpretation of the VCI-400

Default My interpretation of the VCI-400

Hey out there,
    recently I managed to finish my first traktor mapping for the VCI-400. Did it because i wasn't happy with the decent mappings I found.

I got a lot of expressions from Ean Golden and his VCI-400 Special Edition. Furthermore I added ideas from a guy called "MRBedroomDJ" on Youtube. His Videos really inspired my work.

Generals:
    -normal deck control on deck a&b (kind of self-explanatory)
    -mapped the main headphone button to fullsceen mode
    -adapted the cool echo support from "Tonal Desire" (if u need help check out his description on traktorbible.com)
    -added led support for most buttons
    -added beatjumps "mode 1"(8 counts) on each bottom row (glowing redon the edge of the controller)
    -added sample deck support on "mode 2"
    -added loop jumps on "mode 3" (4 buttons)

-managed to get full 4fx support on traktor pro 2
    -you can switch to Decks C&D to enter the EFFECT SECTION
    -here you can either select the SINGLE FX unit up top or the GROUP FX by clicking the VINYL BUTTON

-the GROUP SECTION is being controlled by the belonging jogwheel (try out you will see the connection of the three parameters just like in some of ean goldens mappings)
    -to select one of four premapped effect combinations choose from one of the (glowing) "cue"buttons on each side
    -activation of the effects by putting pressure onto the jogwheel (make sure to have at least a decent amount of sensitivity set to the wheel upon pushing down)

-the SINGLE SECTION is being controlled by the "cue"buttons below the ones of the group section
    -here i premapped some effects to the bottom row
    -the pitch fader acts as "3 in one module". it manages both the amount of the first parameter as well as the dry/wet encoder and on top of that switches the effect on

I will add the full description as soon as i can to share my points with you.

© vers 1.0 by LittleFranky

(already posted this on traktorbible.com, http://www.traktorbible.com/freaks/m...ew.aspx?id=389)
    VCI-400 mapping by LittleFranky (vers. 1.0).zip
    make sure to check my channel on soundcloud, my facebook page or my mapping if you're interested!
    soundcloud
    facebook
    LittleFranky's Interpretation of the VCI-400

Arrow

Hey guys

after some time I nearly finished my new version of the mapping - improved a lot and changed some basics.

VCI-400 Mapping by LittleFranky (vers 1.1).zip

I'd be really glad to hear what you think about my mapping. criticism is always a way to improve. seriously my mapping can't face ean's one on his version of the vci-400 but it works fine for me so far.
    Last edited by LittleFranky; 03-15-2012 at 03:07 PM. Reason: forgot to upload the mapping :D
    make sure to check my channel on soundcloud, my facebook page or my mapping if you're interested!
    soundcloud
    facebook

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

MRBedroomDJ is a member here. I'm sure he'll pop in shortly.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Welcome to DJTT forums LittleFranky! I'm MrBedroomDJ on YouTube.

Happy to see some one getting something from my little videos!!!

Mapping is tedious, but rewarding. I think you will find that you will always be revising and changing parts of your mapping over time.

Cheers

Ah thank you a lot MrBedroomDJ
    I really appreciate your work all around traktor! keep going

Now to my newest updates!

VERSION 1.2 includes:

some general bugfixes:
    -e.g. some led adjustments
    -some problems with hotcue buttons
    -& further things not to mention here

general workover

vci 400 now fully supports SAMPLE DECKS:

-mid "mode" of the 6 buttons at the bottom now switches visual deck control to sample decks c&d
    -deck c & d "gain,hi-,mid-" and "low" knobs now adjust the volume of the belonging sample decks ("1,2,3,4")

-rightern "mode" now activates cues 2,3,4,5 instead of the loop jumps (led support)

-updated rightern group fx preset to "peakfilter, delay, n/a" because the old preset was kind of unfortunately chosen

VCI-400 Mapping by LittleFranky (vers 1.2).zip
    Last edited by LittleFranky; 04-22-2012 at 08:06 AM. Reason: :D again forgot the mapping >.<
    soundcloud
    facebook

Arrow Update to 1.3

Hey folks,
    today i am glad to show you my new version of the vci mapping (1.3). Full description below

GENERALS IN 1.0:

-NORMAL DECK CONTROL on deck A&B
    -KILL FUNCTION on high-mid-low as well as filter below CUE DECKS
    -BROWSE through tracks and folders by holding down the shift button and moving jogwheel or the browse encoder
    -mapped the main headphone button to FULLSCREEN MODE
    -adapted the cool ECHO SUPPORT from "Tonal Desire"
    ->press leftern encoder to activate the freeze mode then you can adjust the lenght by moving
    -embedded LED SUPPORT for most buttons
    -added beatjumps "MODE 1"(8 counts) on each bottom row (glowing red on the edge of the controller)
    -added sample deck support on "MODE 2"
    -added loop jumps on "MODE 3" (4 buttons)

managed to get FULL 4-FX SUPPORT on traktor pro 2
    switch to Decks C&D to enter the EFFECT SECTION:

-the GROUP SECTION is being controlled by the belonging jogwheel (try out you will see the connection of the three parameters just like in some of ean goldens mappings)
    -to select one of the FOUR PREMAPPED EFFECT COMBINATIONS choose from one of the (glowing) "cue" buttons on each side
    -activate the effects by putting pressure onto the jogwheel (make sure to have at least a decent amount of sensitivity set to the wheel upon pushing down)
    -the SINGLE SECTION is being controlled by the "cue" buttons below the ones of the group section

UPDATE TO VERSION 1.1!
    GENERALS:

improved LED SUPPORT
    -now "play", and both "back & forth" buttons indicate BEAT PHASE MONITOR (kinda liked this to beatmatch without the sync button ;D)
    -TRACK-END WARNING embedded (buttons between cue and "forth" now light up if a track is going to end soon)
    -RECORD BUTTOn in the upper left (the one above the pitch fader) will also light up on recording (press again to end record)
    -equal button on deck b will now show the ADVANCED PANEL
    -the one above the record button still affects the "LOOP ACTIVATION MODE" on each deck

FX MODE CHANGES IN 1.1:

-recalibrated the acceleration/rotation value on the upper group effects (you will now have a longer range of the basic 4 presets to really be able to dig into some values)
    -embedded some BEATSLICER BUTTONS (idea from "MRBedroomDJ") to cue points 5-8 (really fun to play with just try )
    -REMOVED THE VINYL "FX-PANEL MODE BUTTON"(effects will now themselfes change to the right fx-panel mode)
    NOTE HERE: the first push will SET the fx-panel, the second will ACTIVATE the effect
    -REMOVED THE PITCH BEND FX CAPABILITY and changed it to the NORMAL TEMPO BEND(instead you now have access to the deck "c-&d volume faders" to ADJUST FX)
    -embedded the LOOP CONTROL ENCODER to "fx mode"
    -added new features to the small buttons below the cue's to control TTFX (leftern buttons here load presets, rightern ones activate the "fx buttons 1 & 2"

I really like to play around with the 75% TTFX (you can easily chop-up the beat by using the "c&d fx-faders" and right away pull it back to crush into the mix)

UPDATE TO VERSION 1.2!
    GENERALS:
    -e.g. some LED ADJUSTMENTS
    -some PROBLEMS WITH HOTCUE BUTTONS
    -& further things i am too lazy to mention here
    VCI-400 now fully supports SAMPLE DECKS:
    -mid "mode" of the 6 buttons at the bottom now SWITCHES VISUAL DECK CONTROL to sample decks c&d
    -deck c & d "gain,hi-,mid-" and "low" knobs now ADJUST THE VOLUME of the belonging SAMPLE DECKS to fade-in or out

UPDATE TO VERSION 1.3!
    GENERALS:

-UPDATET 3 PARAMETERS of GROUP-JOG-FX & DRY/WET:
    ->now parameters switch back to 0-STATE if tension to the wheel is released
    (to embedd another of Ean's brilliant ideas ;D)
    -introducing the NEW WAY TO LOAD SAMPLES
    ->toggle deck C&D HEADPHONE BUTTON (LED will light up)
    it will light up as you're now in LOAD MODE
    -press one of the sample deck buttons to load a sample
    -push HP-BUTTON again to LEAVE LOAD MODE

VCI-400 Mapping by LittleFranky (vers 1.3).zip
    soundcloud
    facebook

Arrow Update to 1.4

Another update today with loads of new visuals

UPDATE TO VERSION 1.4!
    GENERALS:

major visual improvements to deck control modes:
    -you will now see CLEARLY DEFINED DECK PRESETS
    -embedded new visual details:
    -NORMAL DECK VIEW A&B (no fx), SAMPLE DECKS (fx), CUEPOINT JUGGLE (fx)
    -access to FX CONTROL VISUALS upon pushing any button in fx mode
    -access to BROADCAST & RECORD SECTION visualized (broadcast function now on former "advanced panel mode" button)
    -returning back to DECK A&B will hide the effect section
    -FX ADJUSTMENTS:
    -echo support will now reset state to zero if pushed twice
    -in the BEATSLICE ROW (effect will now grow tension from one button to another in the destination from left to right)
    -FX BUTTONS (the ones below the filter knobs) on section c & d now:
    -ensure an easy way to enter or leave SNAP & QUANT MODE (section c)
    -show or hide control values and advanced panel mode (section d)

VCI-400 Mapping by LittleFranky (Version. 1.4).zip
    soundcloud
    facebook

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Please add your mapping here

http://maps.djtechtools.com/
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Of course i'd do that but for any reason i don't recieve the automatic confirmation email oO
    soundcloud
    facebook