Xone 1D Traktor Reducing Loop to Out **HELP!!**
    Tech Student

Question Xone 1D Traktor Reducing Loop to Out **HELP!!**

This site has been awesome in helping me find my way around mapping my Xone 1D with Traktor Pro 2, so thanks to everyone whose posted.

The one part I cannot figure out is; when in a loop e.g. 4 beat loop I want to reduce the loop size to 2, 1, 1/2 etc. However I want to do this reducing the loop size to the loop out not towards the loop in which is what I currently have. This will enable me to build up and hit the drop.

Does anyone know how I can go about doing this and save me even more head scratching?

Thanks

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Hey, using buttons or knob to reduce loop size?

Tech Student

Once in the loop I would like to use a knob or encoder to reduce the loop size so i can step down through the beats, half beats, quarter beats until I want to exit. And then I assume I can just use the active button I already have set to exit? The part I am struggling with is setting the midi mapping to move the 'loop in' towards the 'loop out', thereby shortening it towards the end of the bar. I can do this with a mouse but setting the midi mapping is beyond me!

Thanks for your speedy reply and help

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Can't come up with solution to map loop size behave that way right now but will give it a shot later. Eventually u can map one additional button with loop (direct 0) and beatjump (+4) so when you set four beat loop, size it down to 1/32 and then hit that additional button to set off the loop and jump to position where loop out was before resizing it.

Should be something like using:

cue loop move mode / direct/ loop in
    cue loop move size / direct/ loop
    cue loop move / direct/ forward (to shorten the loop/ backwards to increase the loop size)

and a loop active button
    Latest mix

There’s also an almost hermetic community that exists in many areas of dance music, where serious hobbyists feed off each other’s expertise but barely connect to the industry – despite many of those involved actually working in it.