DJs wanted for Namm 2010 - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I have an imix myself and Im really happy with it, its a great start for new digital djs. I just think its sad that dj tech pro:s marketing is waaay off. The product information given makes the controllers you sell feel really unserious, which is sad I think as you get very much of a controller for a low price tag.

Quote Originally Posted by gfocus View Post
    Oh cmon. Calling this kirf peddlers' products "hilarious" is actually a compliment.
    "professional iPod Mixer"

They also came up with the dj mouse, didn't they?
    Since when is it bad etiquette to make fun of companies with hilarious marketing efforts?
    I have the iMix reload from them (http://forum.image-line.com/files/dj...reload_161.jpg). It's actually not that bad a piece of kit, bout half the price of a VCI (i'm too poor to afford one), quality wise it wouldn't ever match the VCI (plasticy casing and knobs) but the jogs are decent and with the time put in to make a decent mapping it works really well. Just a shame they market it to consumers rather than beginner DJs.

have to agree though, that vinyl timecode video is hilarious!

damn it, i thought B33SON made it clear that those controllers ( kontrol1, imix2mk) are quite fun when he presented them last year. B33, if you read this chime on in and convince the "haters"

On a side note, i wonder if djtech made this offer djtechtools exclusive
    Samsung R780, Novation Launchpad
    NI AUDIODJ 2, DJTECH IMIX RELOAD, BEHRINGER BCD 3000, KORG NANOPAD
    VESTAX VMC002XL, NUMARK DM3000X, NUMARK TT200
    NI TRAKTOR DUO, VIRTUAL DJ 7 PRO FULL

The timecode video is pretty funny to watch... the dude is scratching and trying to "mix" some horrible cheesey dance tune with phil collins "Easy Lover". And after seeing this video is obviously why they are here looking for someone who hopefully knows what they are doing to demonstrate their products so they don't recreate this video live at NAMM this year...

None the less we don't need to bash the company, but i suppose chuckling at their video since its pretty funny is ok.
    Last edited by tekki; 12-01-2009 at 05:41 PM.

Tech Guru

the problem is that we don't talk in web forums, we type, and when you type you can't express all the feeling behind what you are typing, so we have to be carefull of what we type because it can be misunderstood by who is reading. When you type like you talk, you can be misunderstood and be judged for something you are not...

Now back to the topic:
    DJTechPro, are you thinking about selling some stuff into Brazilian Market? We doesn't have much choices here, and because of the import taxes and currency exchanges almost all poeple buy low budget setups for mid-range or professional use. It's a big market for you, and I would be glad to help you guys join in if you want.
    Try to focus your Namm presentations on these crowds and you will be sucessfull for sure.

Tech Wizard

if Traktor had a cheap DJ mouse i would buy it. a lot of my shows are bars and i dont get really mix. it would make it fun to screw around with at those shows.

Quote Originally Posted by gfocus View Post
    They also came up with the dj mouse, didn't they?
    True that, got one at home... It's not that bad as you might think it is.
    (Still need to give it a testrun in deckadance though)
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Quote Originally Posted by LanceBlaise View Post
    The timecode video is pretty funny to watch... the dude is scratching and trying to "mix" some horrible cheesey dance tune with phil collins "Easy Lover". And after seeing this video is obviously why they are here looking for someone who hopefully knows what they are doing to demonstrate their products so they don't recreate this video live at NAMM this year...

None the less we don't need to bash the company, but i suppose chuckling at their video since its pretty funny is ok.
    alternatively, maybe it was 'bad' on purpose, caught my attention and got me thinkin 'pffft i could do better', so based on that i think it would hook alot of beginners in
    Last edited by tekki; 12-01-2009 at 05:41 PM.

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

I think its shows real guts and a genuine desire to get a good foot hold in the DJ market for a company to come on here and offer such a great opportunity for a young DJ to work at NAMM.

Anyone in a position to do that job that hasnt applied is foolish.

Im lucky enough to work for Native Instruments but if i didnt i would have jumped at this.

I just hope whoever gets this gig has a great time and comes back to piss on the haters.

I would personally like to thank that company for giving the members of this community a chance. They obviously rate DJTTs, i think it would only have been good manners to either say "yes please" or keep it shut.

Ivory towers usually turn out to be made out of shit.

Anaheim Hills, CA, Lake Havasu, Az, & Las Vegas, Nv

KARLOS, Amen.
    DjTechPro, Thanks for extending an opportunity our way!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast