Traktor Pro 3.1 Released: Parallel Waveform Layouts, S8 + D2 Overmapping
Today Native Instruments have launched the Traktor Pro 3.1 update that they first showed off last month at NAMM. This update marks the first time that Traktor Pro has gotten a major layout revision in regards to waveforms – and parallel waveforms are finally here. Keep reading for the full details on the 3.1 update.
Traktor Pro 3.1
Traktor Pro 3.1 started appearing in users’ Native Access app last night, and this morning NI announced that update has been officially released.
The new update has a lot of changes – including a number of visual additions to the user interface layout, a new mapping control for S8 and D2 controllers, S4 MK3 standalone mixer mode, and a number of other smaller changes. Here’s the full list of what’s new from the official changelog, along with a few screenshot examples:
- ADDED Parallel Waveforms: Two new deck size “Parallel Full” and “Parallel Slim” have been added, which optionally replace the side by side waveforms by stacked ones. The parallel options can be enabled for decks A & B and decks C & D separately in the preferences. A layout preset “Parallel” will be added to the user’s list layouts.
- ADDED Single Deck View: The number of visible decks can now be set to “1”, which provides a single deck view with the waveform spreading across the full width of the screen to be used for set preparation. A layout preset “Preparation” will be added to the user’s list of layouts.
- ADDED Duplicate in Layout Manager: A button allowing to duplicate an existing layout has been added to the Layout preferences.
- ADDED Custom Mapping for S8 and D2: Individual controls on the Kontrol S8 and the Kontrol D2 can now be custom mapped (over-mapped) via the Controller Manager.\
- ADDED Non-Destructive File Handling: A set of options called “Tag writing mode” has been added to the File Management preferences to configure which types of metadata Traktor does write and does not write into the audio files.
- ADDED Tooltips in Preferences and a toggle icon in Application Header: Tooltips are now also available for all preferences panels. Tooltips can be switched on/off in the Global Settings preferences as well as the Global Section. (Editor’s note: it does not appear that there are any tooltips in the Controller Manager section – easily the most confusing page of the preferences)
- IMPROVED Insert new track to analysis queue: A new un-analysed track loaded into a deck is now prioritized over an analysis queue running in the background.
- FIXED Keyboard Shortcuts non-functional when exiting Preferences or dialogs
The search string in the upper right corner of the browser pane has been grown bigger to improve its readability.
- FIXED Search by KEY broken: Search by KEY via the refined search dropdown is functional.
- FIXED D2/S8: Sample Pitch Control Broken: The sample pitch control via the display knobs is functional again on KONTROL D2/S8.
Kontrol S4 MK3 Improvements as well!
There also were a number of changes made that specifically impact owners of the new S4MK3 controller:
- ADDED S4MK3 Standalone Mode: S4MK3 can be used as standalone mixer without a computer connected with the latest firmware.
- FIXED S4: Switching Jog Mode affects Tension: Switching between JOG and TT mode on S4MK3 will no longer affect the jog wheel’s tension.
- FIXED S4: Haptic Nudges affect Sound during Forward Spins: Haptic nudging will no longer affect sound of forward spins on the S4MK3.
- IMPROVED S4 MK3 HP Volume: S4MK3’s headphone volume is increased by +6dB in HP-MIX center position with the latest firmware version
This new version of Traktor Pro 3.1 is a free update for all owners of Traktor Pro 3, and is available now either on Native Instruments’ website or in the Native Access application.