Ableton 10.1 Released: User Wavetables, Automation Shapes, Delay + Channel EQ
Ableton Live 10.1 gets a full release today, with a substantial number of new features that producers can get excited about. The update is free, having gone through several months of public beta testing after being announced back in February
Live 10.1’s New Features
The new 10.1 update released today has a number of new features, primarily focused on workflow enhancements. These include a number of heavily-requested features like custom user wavetables and new automation shapes. Here’s the complete official list from Ableton, or watch the overview video above.
- User wavetables allow musicians to extend the capabilities of Wavetable’s oscillator section by importing their own wavetables or samples.
- Channel EQ is a flexible and simple EQ with curves and gain ranges suitable for a variety of audio material.
- Delay combines Simple Delay and Ping Pong Delay and moves ping pong behavior, Jump, Fade-In and Pitch controls from those devices to the front panel.
- New automation features include a new palette of automation shapes, stretch and skew automation and the ability to enter precise values with a numerical keypad. It’s easier to get access to clip modulation in Session View. Additionally, Live now simplifies complex automation into C- and S-shapes for easier editing.
- Improvements to zooming and scrolling make switching between detailed views and big-picture editing faster with streamlined keyboard shortcuts, pinch zooming on compatible computers, a resizable Arrangement Overview window, and more.
- Live 10.1 now also allows users to freeze tracks that contain sidechain routing, export single tracks and groups with return and master effects applied and use all their VST3 plug-ins.
Beyond these top-level features, there are a number of smaller changes and bug fixes, all of which are fully cataloged on the official change log.
To get the new update, current Ableton 10 users can enable auto-update in Live, or visit their account/downloads page on Ableton.com.
Get Ableton Live
Want to own a copy of Live but haven’t made the investment yet? Consider buying from the new DJTT store, below.