What happens when a budget-minded brand makes a return to their roots? That’s exactly what has happened with this new Numark Scratch mixer, announced today. The Scratch seems designed to check all of the expected turntablist workflows that come with fancier mixers (like the DJM-S9 or Rane Seventy Two) at a much lower price point ($499).
Numark Scratch mixer
- Gear: Scratch mixer
- Manufacturer: Numark
- Price: $499
- Release date: this month (June 2019), available here in the DJTT store
The Numark Scratch harkens back to the old days of Numark – which has continued to be known for offering solid basic mixers at a low price.
The Scratch mixer takes that same bang-for-your-buck ethos to the modern DVS DJ workflow. It’s got everything you might expect from a modern mixer: four performance pads per deck, loop encoders, FX paddles, cross fader reverse and slope switches, XLR outs, booth outs, an integrated soundcard. It’s all designed to connect to Serato DJ, which a full license for is included.
Here’s a full feature list directly from Numark themselves:
- Serato DJ Pro w/ DVS License Included
- Ready to connect to Serato NoiseMapTM Control Vinyl or CDs (available separately)
- InnoFader scratch crossfader with reverse and slope control
- 6 direct access effect selectors with dual paddle launch triggers and Dry/Wet FX Control
- 8 performance pads to access hot cues, rolls and samples
- Filter knobs to create audio sweeps
- Dedicated instant looping knobs
- Phono/Line inputs
- Combo mic input (XLR/1?4-inch) w/ level and tone control
- 108dB S/N output with 24-bit digital sound quality
- Balanced high output XLR connection
- Separate booth/zone output
- Dual headphone output cueing system (1/4-inch/1?8-inch)
- Prime Loop Sound Pack included ($200 value)
- SoundSwitch lighting control software 2-month subscription included