Numark released the latest piece of hardware in the Mixstream Pro family today: the Mixstream Pro +. The new standalone controller offers compatibility with Serato DJ Pro, Serato DJ Lite, and Virtual DJ software and offers streaming access to Amazon Music Unlimited.
Let’s take a look at what the Pro + has to offer.
Stream with Amazon Music Unlimited, Beatport, Soundcloud Go+ and more
The Mixstream Pro + comes with built-in WiFi that allows users to stream lossless filefrom major streaming platforms including TIDAL, Beatport, Beatsource, SoundCloud Go+, and Dropbox. The Pro + takes this list a step further with its latest addition: streaming with Amazon Music Unlimited.
Amazon Music Unlimited is an ad-free streaming platform with a relatively low-price membership fee comparatively – $8.99/month – and advertises seamless HD listening for any subscriber. Its new relationship with the Pro + broadens a user’s streaming library for the device even further on top of any streaming platforms they may already be using, as the AMU’s library adds an additional 100 million tracks.
The Pro + will analyze tracks on the fly directly on the hardware and provide you with the BPM and key for your selections, which are then saved into its internal memory with the intention of smooth playback with no pauses for buffering or interruptions.
Perform with Serato DJ and Virtual DJ
Using the controller’s Computer Mode, you can now link the Pro + with Virtual DJ and Serato DJ software and use the touch screen to navigate through both.
If you’re looking to use any of these programs, you can work on Serato DJ Lite for free – but you’ll need a paid license for Serato DJ Pro and Virtual DJ.
More Key Features: the full run-down
Along with the new streaming feature and its software compatibility, the Mixstream Pro + comes with a slew of useful features for DJs looking for their next standalone piece of hardware.
Here’s a quick look at the larger list of the Pro+’s major offerings:
- Flexibility as a standalone or computer-based controller: The Pro + allows users to perform without plugging into a computer using Engine DJ OS. However, as we touched on earlier – don’t forget that if you’re looking to use Serato DJ or Virtual DJ, though, you’ll need to use Computer Mode.
- Built-in WiFi for access to streaming services: Amazon Music Unlimited, TIDAL, Beatport, Beatsource, SoundCloud Go+, Dropbox
- 7″ HD touchscreen
- 4 built-in effects: Echo, Flanger, Delay, Phaser – plus two toggle switches and a Filter knob on each deck
- Pitch customization: including Pitch Bend buttons, a dedicated Pitch Slider, and selectable Pitch ranges of 4%, 8%, 10%, 20%, 50%, and 100%
- 2 scratch wheels: Both 6″ scratch wheels come with a capacitive-touch capability and a Smart Scratch feature
- Lighting control capabilities powered by Engine Lighting for Philips Hue, Nanoleaf, and DMX Lighting via
- Built-in speakers
- Inputs and outputs: 2 USB inputs, 1 SD Card input, RCA Main outputs, a 1/4″ microphone input and two headphone output jacks (1/4″ and 1/8″)