Announced earlier this month, a new web platform for DJs looking to grow in their career & skillset has emerged: SEEDJ. Self-described as “the first digital accelerator for techno, house, and tech-house DJs and producers”, it’s a one-stop platform that was created to bring “the services necessary for professional growth as a DJ/Producer” together under one roof.
As the SEEDJ team shared with us:
“We are ready to change the future of electronic music with a project that aims to revolutionize the relationship between artists and professionals in the industry. A platform to generate new contacts, train as an artist and access exclusive resources”
Access to classes + resources, label reviews, music, & potential partnerships
SEEDJ is available to users via monthly subscriptions (more on that below) and offers subscribers five features intended to help propel artist growth. Many of these offerings come as a result of partnerships with artists who will be producing content for the service, including over 100 labels like Suara Beats, artists including Perc, Coyu, Frankyeffe, booking agencies & media such as Elite music Management and Parallel, and more.
The features include the ability to:
- Participate in Masterclasses and tutorials via video courses, lectures, and workshops held by producers and experts in the electronic music world. SEEDJ plans to release new content each month under this umbrella that highlights expertise from DJs, producers, teachers, labels, and artist managers.
- Download resources made by DJs exclusively for the SEEDJ platform, including tools like loops and samples to use in your production
- Upload tracks for SEEDJ’s label partners to review, with potential to get signed. Labels can contact you directly through the SEEDJ platform with an offer for a track release if they dig what the hear.
- Create an artist profile in SEEDJ’s network, which is perused regularly by SEEDJ’s management agency partners – meaning that you could build a new partnership with an agency with a strong profile
- Follow real-time music charts, and purchase tracks you love from Beatport, Bandcamp, Discogs, and more
The tech behind it
SEEDJ’s platform runs primarily via a tool called Identity Matching – an algorithm that allows subscribers to be matched according to their own musical micro-genre. Identity Matching is based on a large database of DJs and labels from the market that are correlated to each other by micro-genre, such as house, tech house, melodic, and raw techno. Ultimately, it gives SEEDJ the means to offer users the best labels and booking agencies – and the most relevant content within the Masterclasses, tutorials, and other content – based on their sound.
Subscriptions & pricing
The platform offers two subscription levels: Basic at 19€/month, or Premium at 49€/month. The Basic level comes with a more minimal level of access, and Premium extends the features to more unlimited explorations. A quick look at each:
- 3 track uploads/month
- 50 downloads from SEEDJ’s Sample Libraries
- Open 10 daily music charts to play and buy tracks directly on the platform
- Open 2 requests from Labels and Agencies/mo
- Unlimited track uploads
- Unlimited video course access, including all Masterclasses and tutorials
- Unlimited downloads from SEEDJ’s Sample Libraries
- Open unlimited daily music charts to play and buy tracks
- Open unlimited requests from Labels and Agencies
Worth noting: if you hop on this early, you can get a Premium subscription at a discount. For the first 500 artists that pre-order a SEEDJ subscription ahead of their late July launch, you’ll have a Premium plan at the same price of the Basic plan – and your first month free.
SEEDJ will go online on July 30, 2021. You can learn more and sign up for Early Access by pre-ordering on their website.