DJ Techtools values our members and readers more than anything. Our basic policy in all decisions is to be “way cool” and not do anything you would find lame.
Here’s how we collect information:
- We collect email addresses when you give them your permission. These are used only by DJ TechTools employees for the purpose collected (mostly our free newsletter or to tell you when you buy something from us). Your email or information will never be traded, sold or bartered to anyone.
- We track how well our ads perform through cookies. This helps us show you better ads and not tell our readers about stupid stuff they don’t even like anyway.
- We also use third-party tools (for example: Google Analytics) to track how you are using this site, so we can improve it and make things work better. These also rely on cookies, which are stored on your computer. You can access the site without cookies, or delete yours at any time.
- None of the information we collect will ever be given away, sold, or traded to anyone without the users’ consent.
The Bottom Line: We collect information on how our members interact with and use the site so we can build a better DJ community, and that information is never provided to anyone else. Sweet!
This website, http://djtechtools.com, (collectively referred to as the “Site” in these Terms of Service) is owned and operated by GoldenSol Music LLC (“we”, “us” or “GoldenSol Music LLC”). By using and accessing our Site, you (“you”, “user” or, “end user”) agree to these Terms of Service (collectively, the “Terms of Service” or “Agreement”).
IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT, IMMEDIATELY STOP ACCESSING THIS SITE.
You acknowledge and agree that all content and information on the Site is protected by proprietary rights and laws. You agree not to modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, transfer, create derivate work from, sell or re-sell any content or information obtained from or through the Site.
The Site may contain links to other websites maintained by third-parties. These links are provided solely as a convenience and does not imply endorsement of, or association with, the party by GoldenSol Music LLC.
Modifications to this Agreement.
GoldenSol Music LLC reserves the right to change or modify any of the terms and conditions contained in this Agreement at any time. You acknowledge and agree that it is your responsibility to review the Site and these Terms of Service from time to time. Your continued use of the Site after such modifications to this Agreement will constitue acknowledgment of the modified Terms of Service and agreement to abide and be bound by the modified Terms of Service.
Termination of Use.
GoldenSol Music LLC shall have the right to immediately terminate or suspend, in its discretion, your access to all or part of the Site with or without notice for any reason.
Disclaimer of Warranty
You expressly agree that use of the Site is at your sole risk and discretion. The Site and all content and other information contained on the Site is provided on an “AS IS” and “AS AVAILABLE” basis without warranty of any kind, whether express or implied. GoldenSol Music LLC makes no warranty that (I) the Site and content or information will be uninterrupted, timely, secure or error-free, (II) the results that may be obtained from use of this Site will be effective, accurate or reliable. The Site may include technical mistakes, inaccuracies or typographical errors. GoldenSol Music LLC reserves the right to change the Site content and information at any time without notice.
Limitation of Liability.
In no event shall GoldenSol Music LLC or its affiliates be liable for any indirect, incidental, special, puntitive damages or consequential damages of any kind, or any damages whatsoever arising out of or related to your use of the Site, the content and other information obtained therein.
Certain jurisdictions prohibit the exclusion or limitation of liability for consequential or incidental damages, thus the above limitations may not apply to you.
Any disputes arising out of or related to these Terms of Service and/or any use by you of the Site shall be governed by the laws of the United States, without regard to the conflicts of laws provisions therein.
What personal information do we collect from the people that visit our blog, website or app?
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information or other details to help you with your experience.
When do we collect information?
We collect information from you when you register on our site, place an order, subscribe to a newsletter, Use Live Chat, Open a Support Ticket or enter information on our site.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To personalize your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To improve our website in order to better serve you.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
- To quickly process your transactions.
- To ask for ratings and reviews of services or products
- To follow up with you after correspondence (live chat, email or phone inquiries)
How do we protect your information?
Our website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our site as safe as possible.
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply on the DJTT webstore is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
We implement a variety of security measures when a user places an order to maintain the safety of your personal information. All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
Do we use ‘cookies’?
- Help remember and process the items in the shopping cart.
- Understand and save user’s preferences for future visits.
- Keep track of advertisements.
- Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We may also use trusted third-party services that track this information on our behalf.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Since browser is a little different, look at your browser’s Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies. If you turn cookies off, It won’t affect the user’s experience .
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personally Identifiable Information unless we provide users with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release information when it’s release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property or safety.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third-party products or services on our website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Google’s advertising requirements can be summed up by Google’s Advertising Principles. They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users. https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/1316548?hl=en
We have implemented the following:
- Remarketing with Google AdSense
- Google Display Network Impression Reporting
We, along with third-party vendors such as Google use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) or other third-party identifiers together to compile data regarding user interactions with ad impressions and other ad service functions as they relate to our website.
Users can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Settings page. Alternatively, you can opt out by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative Opt Out page or by using the Google Analytics Opt Out Browser add on.
California Online Privacy Protection Act
According to CalOPPA, we agree to the following:
- Users can visit our site anonymously.
You may instruct us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal data for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt-out of the use of your personal data for marketing purposes. You can also instruct us not to use your personal data for marketing purposes by email (to email@example.com) at any time.
You can change your personal information:
How does our site handle Do Not Track signals?
We honor Do Not Track signals and Do Not Track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.
Fair Information Practices
The Fair Information Practices Principles form the backbone of privacy law in the United States and the concepts they include have played a significant role in the development of data protection laws around the globe. Understanding the Fair Information Practice Principles and how they should be implemented is critical to comply with the various privacy laws that protect personal information.
In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur:
- We will notify all potentially effected users via email within 7 business days
We also agree to the Individual Redress Principle which requires that individuals have the right to legally pursue enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle requires not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or government agencies to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
CAN SPAM Act
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
We collect your email address in order to:
- Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions
- Process orders and to send information and updates pertaining to orders.
- Send you additional information related to your product and/or service
- Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to you after you complete a transaction on our webstore
To be in accordance with CANSPAM, we agree to the following:
- Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
- Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
- Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, simply follow the instructions at the bottom of each email and we will promptly remove you from ALL correspondence. You may still receive transactional or receipt emails if you make a future purchase, open a new account, or do anything that would trigger a new email.
200 Valley Drive, STE 14
Brisbane, CA 94005
Last Edited on 2018-05-22