Native Instruments made three exciting Komplete announcements at Musikmesse. As of May 2015, all Komplete Keyboards will include “Komplete Select” – a premium collection of 10 KOMPLETE Instruments and Effects (existing keyboard owners get a free update). The Komplete Kontrol software is getting an exciting update with new workflow enhancements. Lastly Native Instruments is focusing on integration, Komplete Kontrol will gain VST support alongside the “Native Kontrol Standard” which will open up deep integration with third party plug ins. Keep reading for more details.
Komplete Select – 10 Komplete Instruments And Effects
When the Komplete Kontrol keyboards were first released they didn’t include any software. Komplete 9 or Komplete 10 was required to really get the most out of the keyboards. This seemed like a strange move for NI since almost all of their other hardware includes software and it was a pain point in our review of the Komplete Keyboards. It looks like NI learned their lesson and they are now including including “Komplete Select” with all Komplete Keyboards. The included instruments and effects really sweeten the deal for the Komplete Keyboards:
- Komplete Select includes: Massive, Monark, Reaktor Prism, Retro Machines, The Gentleman, Vintage Organs, Scrabee MK1, West Africa, Drum Lab, and Solid Bus Comp
- Worth over $1000 if purchased separately
- Komplete Select owners get upgrade deals towards Komplete 10 and Komplete Ultimate.
- Registered owners Maschine 2 and Komplete Kontrol S-Series keyboards will receive Komplete Select for free.
Komplete Kontrol 1.1 Update
The Komplete Kontrol software is getting updated to version 1.1. Komplete Kontrol is now included as part of Komplete Select, originally Komplete Kontrol was only available for registered owners of Komplete 9/10. Here are the features that will accompany Komplete Kontrol 1.1:
- More control and immersive hardware workflow
- Route/record midi output from Komplete Kontrols smart play functions into DAW or send midi to outboard gear
- Change touch strip parameters and mod wheel functions directly from the hardware
- Save/recall and manage presets easily
- Single Komplete instruments can be controlled from the S-Series keyboard
Native Kontrol Standard
Coming in summer 2015, Native Instruments will add VST support for third party plugins to Komplete Kontrol. This means that plug ins such as Sylenth1 or vintage recreations from Arturia could be loaded in Komplete Kontrol and give producers to ability to use the Smart Play features with those plug ins. In addition, NI is introducing the “Native Kontrol Standard (NKS)” for third party developers. NKS will provide the same custom-mapped deep hardware integration for third party instruments that producers get with Komplete Instruments. This is exciting news for producers that use third party instruments and makes the Komplete Keyboards a worthwhile purchase even without owning Komplete 9 or 10.