We’ve been treated to a lot of previews of the new version of Serato DJ via Roland’s DJ-808 announcement and Ableton’s Link news. But the software finally is rolling out to the public today, and has a host of new features. Read on for the full details.
Serato DJ 1.9.3 Features
This new Serato DJ 1.9.3 release is just now being heavily pushed by Serato, with the bulk of the features having been announced or part of the public beta. Here’s the full list of features that are included on this version:
- Serato DJ’s Sampler is finally being refreshed. Say goodbye to the SP-6! Now its four banks of eight slots – and the UI design has been slightly altered as well:
- Additional bugs fixed, and other stability updates that fix CPU spikes, memory leaks, audio issues, and much more. This also includes driver updates that allow OS X El Capitan support for SL 2/3/4 sound cards.
- Support for the Roland DJ-808 controller (this includes Pitch ‘n Play tone play cue mapping – but there’s no clear section for it in the user interface yet)
- Ableton Link support (read more here) – allowing DJs to quickly link their tempo with other Serato DJ software, Ableton Live, and other devices on a wireless network. We’ve heard some really exciting news here with link that’s still top-secret as well… stay tuned. Serato has put out this video that’s a quick overview of Link:
- A new MIDI mapping panel that allows much more advanced control over deck modes, loop sizes, library manipulation, and much more:
Have you had a chance to use the new version of Serato DJ yet? Let us know how it’s going in the comments.
This is a free update to Serato DJ, available as a free download here on the official Serato site. Read the full release notes here.
its taking a lot more cpu that previous versions, but I use a macbook air with a 1.7ghz i7 and 8gb of ram, so maybe its more noticeable on my little machine than others. had 2 drop outs in my headphones last night at a wedding but everything out the booth was fine (ttm57 mk2). love the new sampler too, sadly my mixer hasn’t caught up to the +2 samples
…and us traktor users are still waiting for updates.
[…] post Serato DJ 1.9.3 Out Now: Link, New Sampler, DJ-808 Support appeared first on DJ […]
Could the Aira devices be getting Link over USB? That would qualify as “exciting news” in my book. 🙂
The promo video of the DJ808 stated that you can connect & sync external gear (e.g. the TR 09) via Aira Link. Does this mean, that Serato DJ (without the 808 Controller) can also connect and sync via usb? I thought that was a feature.