For years, one of the best bang-for-your-buck studio monitors was the Rokit G3 lineup. With their iconic yellow cones and solid response, KRK’s Rokit line was a favorite of bedroom producers and DJs. Now at NAMM 2019, KRK is launching a new generation, the Rokit G4 line, with a number of substantial new features. Here’s a quick overview.
KRK Rokit G4
- Gear: Rokit G4
- Models: Rokit 5, 7, 8, and 10-3
- Price: $179, $239, $299, and $499 respectively
- Release: Expected February 2019 – preorder on DJTT here: (RP5, RP7, RP8)
These are pretty advanced monitors considering their price points, with Kevlar drivers and a solid set of onboard tuning and EQ options. Here’s the feature set straight from KRK:
- Rigid Kevlar drivers for low-distortion sound reproduction
- Efficient Class D power amp pumps out high-quality sound at reduced operating temperatures
- Built-in brickwall limiter provides a balanced sound, safeguards against damage, and maintains audio’s dynamics
- DSP-driven Room Tuning with 25 visual Graphic EQ settings
- Optimized high-frequency waveguide produces a wide, deep, dynamic sweet spot and incredible imaging
- Low-resonance enclosure for spot-on low-end performance
- Front-firing port yields excellent low-end response and straightforward speaker placement
- KRK app adjusts EQ settings, subwoofer levels, crossover settings, and polarity settings and aids with speaker placement and level matching
- Onboard signal generator to calibrating the system
- Includes Iso-foam pads and an optional faceplate with a protective metal grill
Let’s be honest, though – KRK will continue to face some tough competition from other entrants into the budget-friendly monitor market. Pioneer DJ, Yamaha, and new comers like Kali Audio’s monitors (read our review here) will not make it easy for KRK.
But those competitors don’t feature onboard graphic display EQ settings or associated tuning apps for room analysis. Those features could really convince most budget-minded studio monitor purchasers to go with KRK.
Click here for everything we’ve written about so far.
[…] post KRK Launches Rokit G4 Line: An Update To The Classics appeared first on DJ […]