After a well placed teaser weeks ago, Native Instruments finally gave up the goods and announced Traktor Pro 2 today with a release date of April 1st 2011. Traktor Pro 2 is the newest successor in the Traktor line, taking the Traktor Pro S4 features and rolling them into Traktor Pro with a few nice extra touches. They include colored waveforms, multi channel support, and potential for up to 16 concurrent loops! Continue reading for our extensive 10 minute tour of Traktor Pro 2 plus a breakdown of every new feature.
Looking for helpful Traktor Pro 2 tips and tricks? These articles will get you started:
Traktor Pro 2 Essential Info
- available in April
- $229 for the software
- $79 if you have Traktor Pro
- $129 if you have LE
- $0 if you have a Kontrol S4 or Audio 2 USB interface (both available in our online store!)
THE NEW FEATURES
Side By Side Install
- Traktor Pro 2 uses same analysis files as Traktor Pro 1, but does a side by side install so you can revert to T Pro 1 if needed.
The new style is similar to the S4, and has a dark rich color palette that may be perceived by some as more professional. It’s actually starting to look more and more like the original Traktor 2 layout which was dominated by black and green tones.
New Deck Sizes
To make your screen less clutter and more feedback, Native Instruments offers a few new deck sizes that maximize or minimize space.
- Essential Deck
- Micro Deck
Multi Colored Waveforms
There are now 4 colored waveform options. Sadly, the one option that is not present is the Traktor 1 style waveforms. Instead you can choose from:
- Infrared (Above)
- Spectrum (Above)
- The new waveforms also zoom in really tight for the most accurate cue points you can possibly imagine!
The style of grid-lines can be customized in the Deck Preferences. There is now:
- strong (above)
New Platter and Scope
- The size of the platter has been increased by reducing the width of the phase meter.
4 Sample Decks
- S4 supports samples and loop decks on all 4 decks.
4 New Effects
• Tape Delay
• Ramp Delay
• Auto Bouncer
- Plugging in a NI sound card will automatically change the audio from internal to the NI sound card and route the outputs so you don’t have to worry about changing settings.
- You can send multiple decks out over the same channel – 4 decks over a 2 channel sound card. (Only with the audio 6 or 10.)
- Future S4’s will ship with Traktor Pro 2 CD’s and all S4’s can also run Traktor Pro (no word on a upgrade price yet)
- Multiple decks can now use the same CD or turntable input.
- Dragging a loop from a deck into a sample slot now copies the tracks filter position.
Pricing and availability
In stores: April 2011
Suggested retail pricing:
- TRAKTOR PRO 2 – $229 / 199 €
- TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO 2 – $669 / 599 €
- TRAKTOR DUO 2 – $119 / 99 €
- TRAKTOR SCRATCH DUO 2 – $399 / 349 €