Serato Scratch Live 2.4.4 Beta Now Public
Serato’s been pretty quiet recently, focusing mostly on rolling out new compatibility for Serato DJ controllers – until last night’s announcement of a new public beta of Serato Scratch Live. The public beta of 2.4.4 is mostly focused around improving stability and reducing bugs – something that a lot of older SSL users will be glad to hear.
Users can get in on the public beta right now on the Serato website.
The major fixes are related to kernel panics that users have been seeing around the Sixty One, Sixty Two, and SL4 hardware – but the full list of fixes are below:
Scratch Live 2.4.4 (changes since 2.4.3)
• Fixed an issue where playing files from the CD drive or ejecting a CD caused a crash.
• Fixed Kernel Panic when hotplugging SL4.
• Improved hot plugging stability for all devices for both Mac and Win (resolving Kernal Panics with the Sixty-One and Sixty-Two).
• Fixed a bug where video files without audio were labelled as corrupt.
• Fixed an issue where you couldn’t save cue points, loops or autogain values to .mov or .flv files.
• Fixed a bug where m4a files displayed ‘unsupported file type’ message if QuickTime not installed.
• Fixed a bug where BPM field was locking up focus when the value was un-changed.
• Fixed an issue where the Next Transition (Video) button could be MIDI mapped, but would not save to the MIDI XML.
• Fixed an issue where you could get distortion when recording with the Sixty-Two.
• Fixed an issue where no audio was being recorded in Mixtape when using the Sixty-Eight.
• Fixed a bug with the Serato Video auto crossfader whereby it couldn’t reach far left or right when set to a fast speed.
Changed the following default preferences on first installation :
• DJ-FX on by default
• Playback Keys Use Shift off by default
• Read iTunes Library on by default
• Added BPM to default Library View (previously was song, artist, album, length & comment)
• Added Artist to default History View (previously was name, start time, end time, playtime, deck & notes)
More changes and fixes in the link above.