With the Kontrol S8 controller set to be arriving in less than one week, Native Instruments has released a brand new update to Traktor Pro, bringing it to version 2.7.
Aside from complete built-in support for the S8, the new version boasts a major feature update: Freeze Mode has been ported over from Traktor DJ on iOS. It is MIDI-mappable, so any controller can take advantage of this new slicer control.
Additionally in 2.7 Native Instruments has fixed a whole plethora of bugs, including the blurry waveform bug when jumping around in a track and quite a few iTunes browsing issues. Here’s the full list of fixes:
- This version is now compatible with both MK1 and MK2 timecode records for all TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO owners.
- SYNC automatically enabled for Remix Decks when launching TRAKTOR.
- The full waveform to the left of the playhead in a Track Deck will now be rendered – eliminates blurry waveform when using HotCues or BeatJumps.
- Beat Ticks enabled in any Decks are automatically turned off when quitting TRAKTOR – prevents accidentally-enabled Beat Ticks on Channel Outputs in External Mixer mode.
- When browsing through the iTunes Node, you can now edit tracks which have been imported into the Track Collection.
- When browsing through the iTunes Node, the full context (right-click) menu is now available for tracks which have been imported into the Track Collection.
- When browsing through the iTunes Node, Cover Art is now shown for tracks which have been imported into the Track Collection.
- When browsing through the iTunes Node, analyzed Key is now shown for tracks which have been imported into the Track Collection.
- iTunes Playlists now show cumulative time and disk usage in the Status Bar.
- TRAKTOR now automatically chooses the newest iTunes Library version if multiple versions (old and new) are found in the iTunes Folder.
- Mix Recorder level is no longer dependent on the Main Out volume.
- Undesirable filter sweep when enabling the Z Filter on a channel is now fixed.
- Canceling the “Delete from Collection” dialog still deleted the tracks from the Collection – fixed.
- TRAKTOR crashes when moving effects around in the Pre-Selected Effects list – fixed.
- Fixed an issue with the ID3 “Year” tag when non-standard date formats where written by other programs.
- When creating a new Playlist, the cursor is now automatically placed into the Playlist Name box.
Traktor Pro 2.7 is now available on NI’s Service Center application – or you can log into their site and manually download the update here.