The NAMM Show kicks off here in Anaheim, California tomorrow morning, but already there’s been plenty of news being dropped ahead of time. Germany-based Reloop DJ has annouced two new products – a new variation of their RP-8000 turntable and a new four channel DJ mixer, the RMX-60. Watch them in action in the below video with DJ Fong Fong:
RP-8000 Straight Turntable
With integrated MIDI controls right into the deck, the RP-8000 (read/watch our review here) was an obvious next step for turntablists, eliminating the need for a set of Novation Dicers. Now Reloop appears to be launching a variant of the turntable with a straight tonearm. Stanton also offers a similar straight tonearm table, the STR8.150, which has a tonearm that some DJs claim eliminates skipping while increasing record wear and tear. The RP-8000 is already priced at $799 – we expect this variation will run the same price.
Reloop RMX-60 Mixer
This mixer is a trimmed-down version of the RMX-80 mixer that Reloop had previously released, bringing a basic 4 channel mixer and a simple effects section. There aren’t any published specs yet on tthe mixer, but it clearly has a robust set of I/O, dedicated filters on each channel, and BPM-synced effects. It’s also compatible with Innofaders – and Reloop seems to also be launching their own branded version of the traditional Innofader, likely put together especially for these mixers.
At the same time, there’s no digital soundcard or USB port, so it’s not going to be taking the place of the DJM-900 or similar plug-and-play mixers for digital DJs. We suspect it’ll be priced to compete with similar products from Denon or maybe even Behringer!
Watch it in the hero video below:
More NAMM 2015 news and articles:
- Rane’s TTM57 MKII + MP2015 Rotary Mixer
- Denon DJ Announces DS1 Serato Soundcard, HP2000, and MC4000
- Launchpad Pro is Novation’s Answer to Ableton Push
- Numark announces NS7 III, Mixtrack Pro III, and Mixtrack III
- Pioneer’s HDJ-2000MK2 Headphones
- Arturia’s Audiofuse Audio Interface
- Serato DJ Club Kit = Support for DJM 850/900NXS, Xone:DB2/DB4/K1
- Akai Releases Timbre Wolf and Tom Cat
- Apple Updates Logic Pro to 10.1
- USB Chroma Cables Now Include Purple, Need Your Input
- Korg Puts A Kaoss Pad Into A DJ Controller
- HRM-7: Pioneer Gets In The Studio Headphone Game
- Moog Relaunches Three Modular Synths
- Splice Takes On Audio Plugin/VST Managment
- NAMM 2015 Predicitons for New DJ and Producer Gear
- Bitwig Studio 1.2 Update