The Bulgarian live performer and producer KiNK has been on our wishlist for a How I Play interview for years. Videos of him in the studio and at live shows have been incredible to watch, so today we’re excited to share this exclusive look at what his current live show is composed of, and how his gear all works together in one fantastic rig. Click through to watch this behind-the-scenes video.
KiNK Interview + Live Setup
KiNK views his rig as being “inspired by DJing”, and as separated into two parts:
- Playback of loops from his own tracks (via Ableton)
- Live improvisational elements overtop – either with outboard production gear or with Ableton
Gear in KiNK’s Live Rig:
We’ve collected a handy list of the gear that KiNK has in his setup here – along with direct links to product pages with more information on each:
- Roland TR-8 drum machine
- Numark Orbit
- Akai LPD8
- Novation Launch Control XL
- Two Novation Launchpad Minis
- CME Xkey 25-key portable keyboard
- Leploop Synthesizer / Sequencer / Drum Machine
- Pioneer DJM-900 NXS mixer
- Source Audio Hothand wireless ring
Top Secret Discount: In the upcoming DJTT newsletter we will be sharing an exclusive coupon for one (or more) pieces of the gear that KiNK uses.
Have an idea for who we should try to interview for our next How I Play video? Let us know in the comments!
Want to watch more great How I Play interviews? Check the links below.