This morning at NAMM 2016, Rane launched a new two-channel mixer in their MP rotary line, the Rane MP2014. It carries almost all of the awesome features of the highly-successful MP2015 that debuted last year, and comes in at a lower price point – keep reading for the details and photos from the NAMM floor.
Rane MP2014 Two Channel Rotary Mixer
- DJ Gear: MP2014 Rotary Mixer
- Manufacturer: Rane
- Price: $1999 retail / MAP
- Availability: TBD
Rane’s MP2015 was a much lusted-after rotary mixer last year, but the price point and four channels made it excessive for a lot of DJs. This year, Rane is following up with a little brother to that mixer, the MP2014 two-channel rotary mixer – at a much more affordable price.
What’s great is that Rane has managed to keep almost all the best features from the MP2015 in this new mixer – particularly big features include:
- Dual USB ports / soundcards for switching off DJs
- high-resolution beautiful-sounding filters that switch between HP, LP, and Dual
- durable steel chassis, beautiful wood sides
- studio quality phono preamps
- External FX loop
- High resolution isolator with adjustable crossover, for playing with the master out
Add to all that that the MP2014 is still built in the USA, which is a rarity in the DJ industry. Pretty impressive considering the price point.
Want more info? There’s a massive writeup of the MP2014’s specs on the Rane website here that goes into more detail on almost every feature.