Native Instruments announced the arrival of the 2.4.5 update to their MASCHINE 2 software, enabling users to get even more out of the software. This update, available in the Service Center today, offers a new Manual Slicing feature, variable scene length, and the ability to save user defaults as well as general performance improvements. Read more below about what to expect from Maschine 2.4.5.
Manual Slicing and Variable Scene Length
The flagship feature of the 2.4.5 update is Manual Slicing, a new way for producers to cut up a sample in real-time. While in Manual Slicing mode a sample can be cut up by playing back the original sample and using the pads to add slices to different parts of the sample. This added functionality is a quick and intuitive way for producers to quickly chop up samples and is something many users will probably get a lot of use out of in this update.
In addition to Manual Slicing, Maschine users are now able to have variable scene lengths, making it easier for producers to create polyrhythms by setting scene lengths independently from the patterns that reside within the scene.
Other Fixes and Improvements
Another feature that has been long-awaited is the ability to save plug-in settings as defaults. Maschine 2.4.5 has a Save As Default function that allows any special plug-in settings to be the go-to setting for producers.
Exporting was also improved with the ability to export scenes into individual audio loops, which can also be exported in AIFF format in the new update. Entire song range can be exported now without setting a loop range first.
Users should also be aware of the following updates and changes to the software:
- Eraser Tool now deletes a divider between slices instead of merging two slices
- Browse by product group (category /vendor) via MASCHINE STUDIO
- Remove all slices at once directly from the MASCHINE hardware to start again from scratch
- Directly access audio and MIDI settings from the regular preferences dialog
- “Pattern Grid” renamed to “Arrange Grid” and moved below the Group List in the software
- In the Slicer, “Manual” mode is now the default
- Added a field in preferences for custom names for export
- “Slice” Button renamed to “Split” and turns into “Slice” when a slice is played back
- Added a Loop control to the Transport in the software to enable and disable Loop playback
- Browse directly from KOMPLETE KONTROL S-Series keyboard using the new Hardware Browse mode
Current Maschine 2 software owners can update for free on starting today.