Serato DJ 1.9.6 Public Beta: DVS Updates, Performance Enhancements
A brand new version of Serato DJ 1.9.6 has gone into Public Beta today – with a host of improvements focusing around DJ workflow, DVS control adjustments, and stability enhancements for the software on a whole. Keep reading for the complete list straight from Serato HQ.
Serato DJ 1.9.6 Public Beta
Sometimes a new version of a software comes out and it is so feature-filled, it seems like it should be a larger update than just another second decimal increase. Serato is gunning for that sentiment with this new update, having added three major areas of updates to the new beta version (the last version, 1.9.5, was first made Beta in late November 2016).
At the root of Serato’s success has always historically been their commitment to vinyl/DVS DJs – and this update sees them refocusing resources on those DJs to improve their experiences. Here’s what’s new for control vinyl users:
- New Anti-Drift option which allows DVS users to stabilize the BPM of playing tracks, perfect for long mixes and blends.
- Smart Sync is now available for DVS users. Sync multiple tracks and sources together easily without tracks falling out of beat.
- New option to allow pitch adjustments to make the BPM of all decks in sync follow.
- Improvements to Needle Drop sensitivity, for increased performance with the Sticker Lock feature and more.
There’s a whole set of workflow-oriented updates in this new Serato DJ 1.9.6 beta. This means more wide-ranging features and basic functionality that DJs ask for – and in this version that includes:
- Pitch Play mappings for supported hardware, including the Pioneer DJ DDJ-SX, DJM-S9, Numark NS7III, NVII and more (requires Pitch ‘n Time DJ license).
- Favorite FX banks option allows you to easily recall your favorite FX configurations.
- Chronological Loops option for saving your Loops in chronological order.
- Loops can now be reordered into your preferred order.
- Enable/Disable Hot Cues option in setup menu.
As always, Serato seems to also trying to keep squashing any software bugs and glitches that arise – so the new beta also inclides:
- Dictate Smart Crates by key notation.
- Scratching no longer jumps out of a Loop.
- Playhead no longer jumps out of Loop when censor is released.
- Audio optimizations.
- Memory optimisations.
WARNING! As always, please remember that new releases and beta version of DJ software are dangerous to install and start relying on without your own testing. Always test new software for a few hours at home before going out and using it live!
Take part in the Serato DJ 1.9.6 public beta by signing up here on their website.