Pioneer’s Rekordbox Launched On iOS and Android
With Pioneer’s latest controller having wireless support for smart devices, today’s announcement of the launch of rekordbox on iOS and Android platforms is both expected and a sign of a smart development cycle.
Rekordbox allows DJs to manage their collections on the go, allowing them to transfer files to the app to do normal track preparation like setting cue markers, aligning beat grids, and even compiling playlists. These preparation steps then can sync back to the main rekordbox library . This could be especially useful for DJs with a lot of travel downtime – whether it’s a daily commute or a weekly flight – and something that other DJ application developers should probably consider developing! While Virtual DJ has already made advances into the iOS sphere, it would be awesome to see preparation be something that’s mobile for all softwares, especially Serato and Traktor.
The application also takes advantage of Pioneer’s new wireless technology, allowing iPhone-stored files to be played back on the XDJ-AERO (and we’re speculating this is indicative that there will be future wireless versions of other Pioneer products).
Here’s the official feature list from the Pioneer press release:
- Transferring music files from rekordbox on your Mac/PC to this App via Wi-Fi.
- Setting memory cues/loops, hot cues/loops, and beat grids. (Please note that features such as memory cues/loops and hot cues/loops are not included in XDJ-AERO.)
- Editing comments and rating tracks.
- Creating and editing playlists.
- Playing music files in rekordbox with Pioneer DJ products that support Wi-Fi.
- Importing existing music files from your iPhone.