Livid Instruments first teased us last week with a photo of part of their BASE controller, and today we got a complete overview of it in the basement of the NAMM convention hall. Click through to watch our video overview of the brand new unit!
Manufacturer: Livid Instruments
Release Date: March 1st
What It’s Got
- Responsive touch strips with LED
- Quality pads that surpass Livid’s normal quality
- Versatile and open-ended controller with a variety of scripts
What It’s Not
- Made in China! (kudos, Livid)
- LEDs aren’t as bright as we hoped
- Top row of capacitive buttons doesn’t seem to need to be touch?
For more NAMM 2013 coverage:
- Follow us on Instagram for photos from the convention floor
- Check out our NAMM 2013 category page