Mixed In Key has announced the release of a brand new 2.0 version of their Mashup software this morning, bringing the software into 2014 with a slew of new features. The software has come a long way since we first reviewed the software in it’s 1.0 release (there wasn’t even copy/paste or clip editing back then!).
Playing around with the new version for a few minutes, it’s clear that Yakov and the team at MIK have put in a lot of work to respond to early criticism and feedback from the community. The software still has an entry-level production feature set, but very much has a dedicated set of tools that help make the core goal of the software very easy: making mashups. The new features in Mashup 2.0 include:
- The latest Mixed In Key 6.0 algorithm for the world’s best key detection
- Support for Audio Units on Mac, and VST plugins on Windows so you can use FX in your mashups
- Ability to reorder segments – just drag them past each other
- Ability to select and move multiple tracks at once
- Better automation envelopes so it’s easier to make changes
- Left/Right panning support
- Show/Hide the song list so you have more screen space to work with
- Other speed and usability tweaks/improvements
Mashup 2.0 is available on Mixed In Key’s site for $39, and is free for many who has purchased the software in the past.