DJ TechTools Casting Call! Become Our Next YouTube star.
DJ TechTools is searching for our next tutorial star to showcase on the blog and youtube. With over 25 million views on YouTube alone, our channel has launched several careers including Mad Zach and Ean Golden and Chris Brackley. We are looking for the next wave of talent that deserves to be featured and has great things to share with the global DJ community. Learn how to be considered in this exciting post.
How to apply
- To be considered, please send us a short tutorial video of yourself. This could be a tutorial on Djing/production or just a video about you!
- You should send a un-listed youtube video to email@example.com with DJTT CASTING in the subject line
- Make the video 1 to 3 minutes long
- Fancy production is not required, just make sure we can see you. Even a handheld iPhone video is fine!
Local (San Francisco) or International are welcome!
- Local applications will be brought in to shoot a test video in the DJTT studios
- Everyone should send in the example video mentioned above
- Don’t worry about quality, we can teach you the ropes
Areas of expertise we are looking for
- DJM mixers
- CDJ players
- Serato DJ Controllers
- Traktor DJing
- Ableton Live performance
- Ableton Live production
Winners will receive
- A contract to star in tutorials for DJ TechTools every month including payment per video.
- Significant discounts on gear in the store, along with free DJTT gear.
- Early access and often free copies of upcoming software and hardware
- DJ slots in upcoming DJTT showcases
Requirements for Entry!
- You must be DJing regularly (one or more times per month)
- You must know your software of choice by heart
- You must be articulate, and able to clearly explain concepts
- You must be pushing the envelop and searching for new, interesting ways to play music
- You must be relatively fluent in the English language
- Extra credit if you have performance DJ skills and can demonstrate the concepts in an interesting way.
Not applying? What do you want to learn?
Even if you’re not applying, we still want to hear from you! A lot of ideas for articles and tutorials come from the DJTT community. We want to know what you’d like to learn from DJTT in 2015. This will help us bring you valuable content and help choose the right person to teach the community.
What do you want to learn? Let us know in the comments below!