Denon DJ has some exciting announcements in store for NAMM 2015. First is a new 2 deck all in one controller for Serato DJ, the MC4000. Next is the HP2000, over the ear DJ headphones with a large 50mm neodymium magnet drivers. Finally, Denon has announced a new interface for Serato DJ, the DS1. This a huge since the DS1 is the first Serato compatible soundcard from a company aside from Rane. Keep reading for full details.
Denon DJ DS1 Serato Interface
The DS1 is plug and play with Serato DJ, extending Denon DJ’s hallmark audio quality and reliability to club DJs and turntablists who prefer the feel of vinyl, but desire the flexibility a digital music library provides.
At the core of the all-new DS1 is a bi-directional audio interface with two sets of RCA stereo inputs for turntables or professional CD players. As users manipulate the vinyl or CD NoiseMap signal, Serato DJ software mirrors the control signal—controlling digital tracks on-screen in real-time for beatmatching, cueing, scratching, and track juggling. Playback audio is distributed by the DS1 to a mixer or loudspeaker system in studio-grade 24-bit quality via two sets of RCA stereo outputs.
Denon DJ’s DS1 is smaller than most smartphones, making it an ideal companion for the travelling DJ. The rugged, all-metal construction easily survives constant transport, setup, and breakdown DJs endure. A single USB cable handles power and audio duties, greatly simplifying operation. Inputs are phono/CD selectable with a grounding post for turntable use.
- Premium Digital Vinyl System (DVS) interface for Serato DJ
- Interfaces turntables and CD players using Serato NoiseMap with a Serato DJ-based digital music library
- Plug and play with Serato DJ—no purchase necessary
- (2) sets of stereo RCA inputs and outputs for left and right decks
- Studio-grade 24-bit digital to analog conversion
- Supports 44.1kHz, 48kHz, and 96kHz sampling rates
- Dedicated grounding post for use with turntables
- Single USB cable connection to a computer for power and audio
- Includes (2) Serato NoiseMap control tone vinyl records and CDs
- Includes USB and stereo RCA cables
- Rugged, all-metal construction; carrying case included
The DS1 will be in stores in Spring 2015 for U.S. retail pricing of $299.99.
Denon MC4000 Controller for Serato DJ
The all-new MC4000 is a 2-deck Serato MIDI controller for the professional DJ, wrapping in-demand audio manipulation tools in a robust steel chassis. In addition to precision touch-activated jog wheels, performers get access to dedicated hot cue and sample pads for on-the-fly creativity. Long-throw 100mm pitch faders and an intuitive control layout deliver natural operation when balancing complex set elements.
Known for their emphasis on sound quality, Denon DJ includes a premium 24-bit audio output path for noticeably clearer mixes. Denon DJ’s highly regarded dual microphone inputs are complemented by a studio-grade echo effect, and “ducking” feature—effortlessly moving vocals to the top of the mix without riding faders. The MC4000 includes Serato DJ Intro and will be compatible with Traktor 2, and Virtual DJ 8.
- Premium 2-Deck controller for Serato
- Includes Serato DJ Intro; user-upgradeable to Serato DJ
- Touch-activated jog wheels for accurate scratching and track cueing
- Dedicated hot-cue and sample trigger pads with illuminated feedback
- Long-throw, 100mm pitch faders
- All-new control layout for effortless, intuitive use
- Dedicated EQ and FX controls on each channel
- (2) balanced mic inputs with 2-band EQ, Ducking, and Echo effect
- Compatible with Traktor 2 (via .tsi files) and Virtual DJ 8
- RCA Aux input for external device mixing
- Balanced Main and Booth Outputs
- Pro-grade steel construction
The MC4000 will be available later in 2015 for $399.99.
Denon HP2000 DJ Headphones
With class-leading acoustics and a purpose-built chassis, the HP2000 provides DJs with a go-to monitoring solution for intense performance environments.
Tuned for the professional club and mobile DJ, the HP2000’s 50mm neodymium magnet drivers reproduce deep bass with ease, making beatmatching and cueing an effortless affair across an ultra-wide 12Hz-24kHz bandwidth. DJs are cloaked in a studio-spec, isolation booth equivalent—large, sealed around-the-ear cups that drastically reduce audible competition from nearby loudspeakers and crowd din. With a 16 ohm impedance, the HP2000 is optimized for exceptional dynamic range when used with today’s most popular mixers, interfaces, players, and controllers.
The sturdy metal-reinforced HP2000 headband features swivelling earcup posts that deliver ergonomic, single-ear monitoring. A four foot (1.2m) tangle-resistant detachable cable—wearable on the left or right side—is terminated at the optimum distance from connected audio sources. The HP2000 cable terminates in a stereo ?-inch (3.5mm) connection, and includes a ¼-inch (6.3mm) adapter for compatibility with any equipment.
- High-performance professional DJ headphones
- Ultra-wide 12Hz-24kHz frequency response
- Efficient 50mm neodymium drivers
- Deep, detailed bass response
- Exceptional noise isolation for use in loud environments
- Lightweight, around-the-ear design for long-term wearing comfort
- Reproduces exceptional detail, even with complex track layers
- Durable, metal reinforced construction withstands abusive daily use
- Swiveling earcup design for comfortable single-ear monitoring
- Single-sided detachable cable can be used on the left or right side
- 16-ohm impedance yields exceptional dynamic range with DJ sources
- 114 dB max SPL ensures extra headroom on demand
- 4 ft (1.2m) cable with ?-inch (3.5mm) stereo miniplug and ¼-inch (6.3mm) adapter for connection to virtually all types of DJ equipment
The HP2000 will be in stores in Spring 2015 at a U.S. retail price of $199.99.
More NAMM 2015 news and articles:
- Rane’s TTM57 MKII + MP2015 Rotary Mixer
- Launchpad Pro is Novation’s Answer to Ableton Push
- Numark announces NS7 III, Mixtrack Pro III, and Mixtrack III
- Pioneer’s HDJ-2000MK2 Headphones
- Arturia’s Audiofuse Audio Interface
- Serato DJ Club Kit = Support for DJM 850/900NXS, Xone:DB2/DB4/K1
- Akai Releases Timbre Wolf and Tom Cat
- Apple Updates Logic Pro to 10.1
- USB Chroma Cables Now Include Purple, Need Your Input
- Korg Puts A Kaoss Pad Into A DJ Controller
- Reloop RP-8000 Straight Turntable, RMX-60 Mixer
- HRM-7: Pioneer Gets In The Studio Headphone Game
- Moog Relaunches Three Modular Synths
- Splice Takes On Audio Plugin/VST Managment
- NAMM 2015 Predicitons for New DJ and Producer Gear
- Bitwig Studio 1.2 Update