Pioneer DJ Announces DJM-450 Two Channel Mixer
Pioneer DJ is announcing the first of a number of major DJ products coming over the next few days from various industry players. The DJM-450 is a two channel mixer that finally has a feature set comparable to top-of-the-line models. Keep reading for details.
DJM-450 Two Channel Mixer
- Gear: DJM-450 mixer
- Manufacturer: Pioneer DJ
- Price: $699
- Availability: December 2016
Anyone who ever owned a DJM-400 knows what an absolute powerhouse that mixer was for it’s time. This new release in the 400 series is fittingly feature-packed, including:
- Smooth EQ/faders/Magvel crossfader: the curves on all of these controls are similar to those on the DJM-900NXS2, there’s an isolator switch allowing complete kill on the EQs, and there’s even a Magvel crossfader that will please turntablists hoping to match this mixer with two PLX-1000s
- Built-In USB Soundcard: The soundcard allows you to send three channels to the mixer – two line channels and an AUX channel.
- 2 Built-In FX units: Sound Color, Beat FX: Since the introduction of the DJM-800 in 2006, DJs buying two-channel Pioneer mixers have looked at the high-end mixers with envy. With the DJM-450, the best of the Color and Beat FX are present.
Sound Color: Dub Echo, Sweep, Noise, Filter (all with adjustable parameter knob!)
Beat FX: Delay, Echo, Spiral, Reverb, Trans, Flanger, Pitch, Roll (all beat matched, with adjustable rate and depth)
- Send/Return FX: Connect mobile device FX apps as a send/return effect and use them alongside the internal FX units – as with on the DJM-900NXS2, you can do this as an AUX channel source or as an insert effect
Pioneer DJ is also including free licenses to Rekordbox DJ and the DVS expansion pack with the DJM-450. Anyone who buys this mixer will be able to instantly start mixing with Pioneer’s DJ software – and clearly they want to attract potential DVS turntable users to their platform.
Would you pick up a DJM-450 for your own DJ use? Let us know in the comments below.