The Komplete S-Series keyboards have just become a lot more attractive for producers, as today Native Instruments has launched a new version of their Komplete library that comes bundled with every S-Series. Called Komplete Select, the bundle is made up of 10 instruments and effects, including
- Massive (powerful popular synth)
- The Gentleman (sampled piano instrument)
- Monark (analog synth emulation)
- Drumlab (acoustic/electronic drum hybrid)
- Retro Maschines MK2 (vintage sampled instruments from the 70s and 80s)
- Vintage Organs (classic organs, obviously)
- West Africa (traditional West African percussion, solo or polyrhythmic ensembles)
- Reaktor Prism
- Scarbee Mark I
- Solid Bus Comp
Out Of The Box Production Ready
Including Komplete Select turns what many critics felt like was an overpriced MIDI keyboard into a powerful production suite straight out of the box.
Current Komplete S-Series owners also will have access to Select (check your email for details from NI) – and all Komplete Select users can now qualify for crossgrade pricing to Komplete 10 and Komplete 10 Ultimate.
New Keyboard Features
Alongside this new software comes an update to Komplete Kontrol to version 1.1, which brings a few key changes to the possibilities for S-Series owners:
- Route and Record MIDI sequences created with the Smart Play functions within a Daw
- Send that same MIDI to outboard gear
- Enhanced preset management system for saving/recalling user presets
- Touch Kontrol functionality allows more software control from the keyboard
If this new update has you looking twice at the Komplete S-Series, consider supporting DJTT and purchasing one through our store here.